27-10-2015 05:53 PM
I'm a huge believer in taking time for yourself!! I also know that every one can get soooo busy these days and may struggle to find time for themselves- I am guilty of this.
Today I did 2 things for myself in between my super hectic work and study schedule including:
- Having a cup of tea
- Going outside and stanging in the sun for 5 minutes
What are 2 things you did for YOU today? or What are 2 things you could do tomorrow for yourself?
27-10-2015 07:21 PM
- had a milkshake yummy!! nice treat
- watched my TV shows that make me happy.
**Believe in the power of you because you are your own hero**
27-10-2015 08:32 PM
Good idea for a thread @Lahna.
- Left work at I time I felt reasonable rather than forcing myself to stay longer hours.
- Treated myself to the last of the poptarts.
27-10-2015 09:18 PM
Today I woke up in a panic so!
I did pushups as fast as I could! My heart was still beating like crazy but the anxiety feeling left it!
I made my first post on this forum reaching out for help! ))
27-10-2015 10:58 PM
This is lovely, You are awsome @Lahna
I 1. Bought myself a coffee
2. im actually struggling to think of one but I guess I was kind to myself at work, I didn't let things get to me which helped me handle it better.
27-10-2015 10:59 PM
@Stagnator that's an interesting way to deal with anxiety! Glad to hear it worked for you, maybe I should try it for myself when my nerves start to get the better of me.
My two things:
- Treated myself to a hot chocolate in the middle of the day
- Took a nap (after almost a month of no napping - it felt so good!!!)
28-10-2015 12:50 PM
Firstly I'd like to say "Go You!!" for reaching out to us! We are hear to help you through the tough times, and here to have a good ol' chat when you need that too.
Wow, that's a creative way to alleviate panic! Good work
How are you feeling today?
28-10-2015 07:35 PM
Yeah its recommended all you need is 60 seconds of workout in any form and just go as hard as you can. split it up to 3, 20sec intervals throughout the day and it will bring your mind and body to optimal fitness its great for anxiety feelings. just go as hard as you can run on the spot anything for 20seconds and you sometimes feel the emotions and tensions melt away.
I also did it once when I was waiting on the phone to Mensline for support and I was really really upset and being on hold can drive you mad and its perfect timing to go as hard as you can! It focusses your mind directly on action rather than the racing thoughts. Usually when your in the position of not willing to try anything or it feels "too silly" i find the silliest things work the best!