Builder

Re: Awkward Moments

This is my favourite ever "how did you get so tan" I actually just stand there like um...
Post Mod

@j95 I never wear that safety clip on the treadmill (I'm obvs too cool for that too, aha) but now I'm kind of scared not to after hearing your story!

My awkward / embarrassing moment for the week was last night when I was at work and had to tell the kids I was supervising off because they were being rude. I totally butchered the phrase "that's not appropriate" and of course, all the kids started laughing and mimicing me, haha.

Community Manager

[ Edited ]

Hey @j95 did you ever see this video?

Builder

hahaha @ElleBelle  no, but I have now!

Mod

My wonderfully awkward moment was awhile back for a weekend. Sadly, I'd been sick that week so was still recovering. First was ice skating where, for some reason, I was on the ice. I of course spent most of the time leaning against the side because I refused to move.
Then we had to stay in the same house. Because I was sick, and tired, my 'weirdness filter' that usually filters the weirdness into something more acceptable to others was unfortunatelly broken. Which means they got all of my weirdness. (made an amazing friend out of it though!)

I was unaware of the awkwardness until later when I'd recovered more from being sick.
Super star contributor

I had an awkward moment at work the other day. I work in after school care and was walking some children from the outside area to the our room when I saw a parent come through the gate. His child was at the playground so I turned around and went back to the playground and called his child to walk with us to save time. When I was walking up to gate I was saying to the little boy (who is 5 years old) "Dad's here, Joseph*" "Look there's Dad" "Is that Dad?" and he goes "I think so" then when we get within earshot of the parent I go "It's Dad, Joseph" and the Dad goes "I'm not Joseph's Dad" and I was like "Oh I'm so sorry, that's really awkward...!" Then I went and hid in the kitchen doing dishes until he'd picked up his ACTUAL CHILDREN and left. Hahaha so awkward!!

* Joseph isn't the child's actual name, I changed it confidentiality reasons.

Mod

I received a package today in the mail. Only problem is I didn't order anything nor was I expecting anything. Inside was a pair of beautiful earrings and hardly anyone knows my new address. Was speaking to my male housemate about it and how it has truly freaked me out. The conversion was a bit weird and the body language even weirder. Mot sure if this is correct, but I suspect that they came from him. Awks!

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Mod

@stonepixie be grateful they were earrings. I know someone who got sent a box of large tampons.
Mod

@N1ghtW1ng that is gross! I'm more freaked out than anything due to my relationship history

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Builder

That awkward moment when you go to somebody elses car and wonder why you can't get in
Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count