Star contributor

Re: Awkward Moments

Thank you all for contributing awkward moments! They all entertain me and are so understandable! XD

My recent awkward moments;

• The usual group of guys who annoy me at school know my surname. 0_0 They even know how to pronouce it! My surname is not easy to pronouce! LOL
  • Getting stared at from head to toe by random people in the mall.
  • Eating in the mall and getting stared at
  • Being the only girl in the maths class and am the central of attention 
  • Seeing a person I know outside school and they say Hi to me in front of my parents and it happened to be that the person is a guy and my parents look suspicious..... 0_0 Oh man dats real akward to me! Smiley Tongue
Builder

Me trying on pants: These are a bit baggy in the crotch area, how weird is that...

Lady in the shop: That's because you have them on backwards. 

I went to an appointment recepetionist asked me for my name. You know when people have hard to spell/pronounce names and when you need o write it down or something they just say it letter by letter. I said "Jay"

The lady looked at me for a while (expecting me to continue) then says "Yes go on...." 

Me: Thats my name. 

Or when you ask a question, everybody sees you and doesnt reply.  

*crickets creek*

*tumbleweed passes* 

//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Mod

DONI! 

Haven't seen you in ages! How's it going?

The awkward moment when ....

So today I had my first appointment with my job service provider (yay!) and whilst waiting for my bus home, a missionary approached me. We were just making friendly conversation when she started talking to me about her church and all that jazz that comes with it. I thought she would have picked up on my uneasy body language or my slightly less polite glances at her that I wasn't interested. Since this didn't work, I just started nodding and agreeing to everything she was saying (Opps). It got to the point where she was inviting me to join the church and wanted my phone number so that she could come chat with me and my family about the church for roughly 30 mins. Awks.

@j95 Don't worry man, I walked around town and went to a services club with my shorts insideout. No one bothered to tell me!!! And another time I went the whole day complaining that my neck line on my shirt was way too high. About 3pm that day, I found out that I was wearing it back to front.

A cringe worthy moment (awkward for the person).

My family (3 gens) usually hangs out together quite a bit in public places. One day when I was home for the festive season, mum was at work and some lady walked passed and said to my niece and said "Are you annoying your daddy? I bet daddy enjoys it" No sooner had she said daddy, my sister, dad and I all said at one "Poppy".

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Post Mod

@j95 Hahaha! Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, but the pants on backwards one actually made me laugh out  loud!

Builder

I was just like hahaha... ohhhhhh right

It's just funny how I was begginning to insult who ever made the pants before she interuppted to me. 

@KitKat 

//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Post Mod

• Being sprung with a phone interview in the morning and trying to convey that you didn't just wake up. 
  • When you're not sure whether to continue holding the door for someone who's far away
  • Awkward eye contact with cafe staff while they wait to see if you'd like anything else with your order. This also applies to that weird pause at drive-thrus.
  • Being in the checkout/self-service checkout queue and actually following the rules (i.e. having 5 items or less), while everyone has carts or baskets of stuff

Sooooo yesterday I had to shake someones hand but because I have a wrist injury at the moment I was trying to safeguard my hand during the whole thing.

So for some unknown reason, when they came over to me I kind of shaped my hand lika a claw... and then they had to like shake my hand in claw form.

It was so awkward on my behalf and there were two other people watching who comented afterwards haha

Haven't stopped thinking about the awkward-ness it since!

HandScan01_Claw4-700x700.jpg

lanejane
Star contributor

@stonepixie !

Yayyyy! Someone actually remembers me! I am happy to be back on reachout!

I am going fine! The last few days/months proably - I had internet explorer and it didn't let me login into reachout. But recently, I downloaded chrome and now I access it! Horrayyyyy! Smiley Happy

I am happy to see that someone misses me! Smiley Very Happy

WOW bruh, that's awkward LOL especially the poppy one Smiley Wink

CONTINUE TO SHARE YOUR AWKWARD MOMEMNTS WITH US ~!

Post Mod

[ Edited ]

@Myvo I recently received a call about a job interview and I had absolutely no idea what the job was. I applied weeks earlier and had totally forgotten everything, so I just tried to play along and asked questions that could be applicable to any job to make it sound like I had given it a lot of thought. It was bad, but I got the job in the end lol. 

Anyway, my awkward moment. A while ago I was at a cafe with a work friend. One of the waiters who i thought was really cute came over to collect our rubbish and reached out for them, but for some reason in that moment I assumed she was reaching out to shake my hand. So, I totally shook her hand and she thought it was totally weird. What's even worse, my work friend thought she was introducing herself so my work friend shook her hand too to be polite. Then she proceeded to do what she came to do and took away our rubbish. 

After she left I put it all together. Worst. 

Builder

That awkward moment when bae comes over and you've "cleaned" you're bedroom and she opens your cupboard doors and all your belongings fall out. 

Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count