Builder

Re: Awkward Moments

The awkward moment when your car breaks down in the red rooster drive through. 

or

when it's your job to get everyone's lunches at work and you get everyone the wrong things 

//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

When I go and pick my housemate up from Kmart, but I'm actually at the wrong Kmart. 

"I'm waiting, I can't see you"

"I'm in my car, I'll wave" 

"I can't see you anywhere, come and meet me" 

So I stand alone outside kmart for 10 minutes...

//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Post Mod

I have two awkward RO-worthy moments this week.

1. I went to work with no shoes on! So awkward! I don't drive in heels so I always take them off before I get in the car, except yesterday I put them down on the ground while I packed my lunch and then I left them then without realising! I had to spend all day in the office with just my socks on.

2. I fell out a car! My friend has a two-door so you have to put the drivers seat forward to get out. My friend got out of the backseat and her seatbalt didn't retract. When I got out afterwards my foot got tangled in her seatbelt and I fell out. Scrapped up all my knees badly but my friends caught my arms so luckily I didn't headbutt the road!

My last two days of work at my old job and I'm having such bad luck! Haha. I think it's a sign that they don't want me to leave.

Post Mod

@KitKat  that shoe story is just amazing, I don't know how you managed that. Then again I have a friend who put his wallet on his car roof while doing other stuff and just forgot about it or drove off. He did this twice and lost his wallet both times. 

Builder

@benjamin_ I did that with my phone last year, heard a smash but didn't know what it was. I went back to the petrol station thinking I might of dropped it there. It was smashed into 1000 peices on the road.
Post Mod

that is the worst @j95 

I don't know if i've already shared this here and it's not actually an awkward thing that happened to me, but I did witness it and it was pretty funny. 

I'm pretty sure everyone here has been to Ikea and understands how it works right? You check out the products on display, you write down the details and then go find the box at the end of the shop. 

Well, I saw this lady grab this giant bookshelf and just chuck it in her trolley, the one on display. She carted it all the way through the shop and tried to check out. I know I should've said something but I didn't, I was in my own world trying to find a desk I wanted.

Builder

Hahahah ah too funny @benjamin_

I felt bad and still feel bad about the time I saw a lady's massive bag of rice leaking the supermarket car park and I just kept walking. I'm a bad person.
Builder

The awkward moment at IGA when I get asked if I want a bag and i say "yes thanks, what about you?" 

um...

Star contributor

@j95 cheers for the laugh. It sounds like something I would do.

Awkward moment for me: putting your foot in it...... regularly *face palm* Smiley Sad

Post Mod

I've deffo done that once or twice myself,@Nat8  ! Hope it turned out okay!

@j95 I use to work in retail and people use to do that to me all the time, aha. I wouldn't worry! My favourite was when you ask someone "How can I help you?" and they say "I'm good thanks, you?" haha.

Top High Fived Authors