Re: FRIDAY FIVES!

Awww, okay, this certainly adds a positive to my day Smiley Happy
Mod

@Sohpie-RO thanks Smiley Happy

@blithe and thanks, I probably would of missed it. Smiley Very Happy
Community Manager

It's Friday Five time! Friday Fives are all about acknowledging our favourite posts and our chance to give an extra shout out to the members who posted them! As we go about our work, mods, mod squad and staff have been nominating their fav posts and then I've picked my favourite 5 out of their nominations. So, this is about thanking YOU, our members and our regulars for creating such a strong community here and acknowledging that it's you who make this place special (and a place that about 20,000 people visit every month for help).

So, thanks!

1. First up it's gotta be @redhead for the relentless way she looks after herself through periods of feeling unsafe. She's been really self-aware (for example, amazing goodbye letter to self-harm) and has been doing some great self-care in listening to music and doing art. She is also up this time for sharing her experience of going to hospital for help when j95 asked "what will happen if I go to hospital?" in this thread. By sharing her experience of what it's like when you go into hospital for help managing your mental health, redhead helped j95 get an idea of what to expect, which helped him get the help he needed when helplines and other avenues weren't working for him. Great job, redhead! 

2. @Bee for her amazing journey. Not too long ago she was asking for help on how to make an appointment with a psych. And she's now been to her first few appointments and made it through even though it was really scary. You continue to use the community to support her progress in this thread (what a great role model) and you are making huge, positives strives in your progress

3. @Creativegirl12 for starting the creative writing and poetry thread - a great way to let people show their creativity and a good way to help people divert their attention to something fun and positive! Also, for recommending poetry to a new user as a way that helped her get through dark times.  

4. @sammysammy16 defo deserves this FF nomination for contributing some really supportive and helpful stuff to a couple of users who are having a hard time. Particularly the advice they gave redhead about mania and bipolar using their own personal experience.

5. In the words of the mod who nominated this one, " @Birdeye rules!!" - for your great replies and really thoughtful practical support on heaps of posts you are definitely deserving of this Friday Five!  This one and this one to name a few:smileyhappy: then also for a number of supportive posts like this one.

AND I'm going to do a second 5 this time becuause youa re all so AWESOME and make this place the awesome place that it is....

1. To @past_future for being pro-active about their mental health support even though it's scary. and to @KiKi_19 for returning to let us know it really helped her to reach out on the forums!

2. @lovin each day the really supportive words for Dark Energy: and lokifish for a helpful distraction technique.

3. @j95 for encouraging people to think of others & do good things. Helping others can really make you feel good! Also, for letting a new user know his post was against our guidelines, and most of all for showing a lot of strength in talking to us in the TwittRO thread about his mum's recent overdose, you are a great role model to young men everywhere and we are proud of you.

4. @standinside for offering LisaLovesBacon this gem: "when kids fall down when they are learning to walk, they dont just quit. They keep going. Also for then offering this helpful advice.

5. To @FootyFan26 for this rather hilarious typo catch.

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Builder

Well done everyone! You all have something to be so proud of. Thanks @Sophie-RO

//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

Everyone here is awesome
Mod

Double Friday Fives! You guys are the best Smiley Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Mod

[ Edited ]

I'm a little late to the party but CONGRATS TO THE FRIDAY FIVERS! You all make these forums such an awesome place to hang out Smiley Happy

Post Mod

yayyyyyyyy!

well done everyone on their friday fives and well done to everyone else still here making this the great community that it is!

You are very much appreciated!

Community Manager

It's time for the Friday Five!! Friday Fives are all about acknowledging our favourite posts and our chance to give an extra shout out to the members who posted them! As we go about our work, mods, mod squad and staff have been nominating their fav posts and then I've picked my favourite 5 out of their nominations. So, this is about thanking YOU, our members and our regulars for creating such a strong community here and acknowledging that it's you who make this place special (and a place that about 20,000 people visit every month for help).

So, thanks!

Number 1 this week - @j95 for acknowledging how far he's come, creating a new thread and co-creating the awesome new coping strategies thread with lanejane! We also loved how you shared an activity which has been really helping you relax and for encouraging neko to go to police about family violence, drawing on his own experience. Go Jay!

Then we have @Bee again for keeping her psychiatrist appointment and not being so scared, and for rising to our challenge in the Turning Negs Into Pos thread and following through with it.

Now it's @standinside for offering support to feelingalone and also to a new member and shared their story

Number 4 is @N1ghtW1ng for giving the negs into pos thread a good crack.

And last be DEFINITELY not least @FootyFan26 for offering support to j95 when he was struggling. So great to see that in a relatively new member!

Honorable mention to @redhead for also offering some great support in that same thread

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Post Mod

[ Edited ]

woooohooo!!

congrats @j95, @Bee, @standinside, @N1ghtW1ng, @FootyFan26 and @redhead !!

you guys are all awesome

thanks for making reach out awesome with your awesomenesss!!! Smiley Very Happy

Top High Fived Authors