26-06-2015 06:01 PM
It's Friday Five time! Friday Fives are all about acknowledging our favourite posts and our chance to give an extra shout out to the members who posted them! As we go about our work, mods, mod squad and staff have been nominating their fav posts and then I've picked my favourite 5 out of their nominations. So, this is about thanking YOU, our members and our regulars for creating such a strong community here and acknowledging that it's you who make this place special (and a place that about 20,000 people visit every month for help).
1. First up it's gotta be @redhead for the relentless way she looks after herself through periods of feeling unsafe. She's been really self-aware (for example, amazing goodbye letter to self-harm) and has been doing some great self-care in listening to music and doing art. She is also up this time for sharing her experience of going to hospital for help when j95 asked "what will happen if I go to hospital?" in this thread. By sharing her experience of what it's like when you go into hospital for help managing your mental health, redhead helped j95 get an idea of what to expect, which helped him get the help he needed when helplines and other avenues weren't working for him. Great job, redhead!
2. @Bee for her amazing journey. Not too long ago she was asking for help on how to make an appointment with a psych. And she's now been to her first few appointments and made it through even though it was really scary. You continue to use the community to support her progress in this thread (what a great role model) and you are making huge, positives strives in your progress
3. @Creativegirl12 for starting the creative writing and poetry thread - a great way to let people show their creativity and a good way to help people divert their attention to something fun and positive! Also, for recommending poetry to a new user as a way that helped her get through dark times.
4. @sammysammy16 defo deserves this FF nomination for contributing some really supportive and helpful stuff to a couple of users who are having a hard time. Particularly the advice they gave redhead about mania and bipolar using their own personal experience.
5. In the words of the mod who nominated this one, " @Birdeye rules!!" - for your great replies and really thoughtful practical support on heaps of posts you are definitely deserving of this Friday Five! This one and this one to name a few then also for a number of supportive posts like this one.
AND I'm going to do a second 5 this time becuause youa re all so AWESOME and make this place the awesome place that it is....
3. @j95 for encouraging people to think of others & do good things. Helping others can really make you feel good! Also, for letting a new user know his post was against our guidelines, and most of all for showing a lot of strength in talking to us in the TwittRO thread about his mum's recent overdose, you are a great role model to young men everywhere and we are proud of you.
Online Community Manager
27-06-2015 07:48 AM
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
17-07-2015 02:51 PM
It's time for the Friday Five!! Friday Fives are all about acknowledging our favourite posts and our chance to give an extra shout out to the members who posted them! As we go about our work, mods, mod squad and staff have been nominating their fav posts and then I've picked my favourite 5 out of their nominations. So, this is about thanking YOU, our members and our regulars for creating such a strong community here and acknowledging that it's you who make this place special (and a place that about 20,000 people visit every month for help).
Number 1 this week - @j95 for acknowledging how far he's come, creating a new thread and co-creating the awesome new coping strategies thread with lanejane! We also loved how you shared an activity which has been really helping you relax and for encouraging neko to go to police about family violence, drawing on his own experience. Go Jay!
Honorable mention to @redhead for also offering some great support in that same thread
Online Community Manager
19-07-2015 09:22 PM - edited 19-07-2015 09:23 PM