Builder

Re: Finding a mentor or elder

@j95 If you go to university there are also many universities who have an Aboriginal/Indigenous students department where they hold community events and hang outs! It seems like a good way to get connected to the local elders Smiley Happy

Mod

When do they meet @j95? Is there a way you can ease yourself into it?
Builder

Its sort of like a drop in centre I think @N1ghtW1ng so i think you can sort of go whenever
its this https://www.facebook.com/Minajalku-Aboriginal-Healing-Centre-188688264819739/

my counsellor said that i could do with something more community based rather than clinical thats why he suggested it
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

@DirtWitch yeah i go to trade school at tafe once a week so could try that
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

I had an elderly person who taught me how to drive.. we had a really good relationship but when it finished, I never contacted her again. She didn't contact me either but I am not sure if she'd be allowed to take the first step. It's been over a year since it's finished and I think about her occasionally.. I get hesistant to contact her because it's been so long but at the same time, I think "who cares about silly social norms" but I still haven't..
Whether you think you can or think you can’t, either way you are right.
– Henry Ford
Highlighted
Mod

Hmm @T4ils It can be hard in those friendship/professional relationship situations to know whether to take the first step/initiate contact. When I'm deliberating over something (usually whether or not to buy an item), I ask myself if I'd regret it if I didn't. So, would you regret it if you didn't contact your driving instructor?

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Builder

Hmm still haven't found anything suitable unfortunately, perhaps I should rethink going to that healing centre?
Mod

Yeah @j95 the healing centre is an option. And if it's a drop in thing like you said, you could go once or twice and if you decide it's not for you, at least you know you gave it a go. What do you reckon?

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Builder

@letitgo I think it will be good for me, meet some people to connect with. They run both group stuff and individual it's like a community by the looks of things.
Yeah could try it, I'm just so nervous. 😞
Builder

I think I'm going to call this place now I'm so scared
Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count