Frequent scribe

Re: Finding a mentor or elder

Hi @j95,

As a lot of people mentioned before volunteering to work with elder homes/organisations is honestly a great way of connecting to others and finding mentors. You can try SeekVolunteer or other volunteer sites as I know many places are often looking for companions for elders! Another way would be to contact maybe your local elder home and ask if they need volunteers or companions. I think most places would welcome that.

In the past I've volunteered in elderly homes and I've found the experience really rewarding because old people in general are quite fun to talk to. 

Frequent scribe

You find a mentor in local area where you live.You can talk surrounding people and find a good mentor.

Builder

Good idea thanks @Trikle Trade @DirtWitch
Builder

[ Edited ]

Hi there @j95

This is a good place to look online -> https://www.reddit.com/r/FamiliesYouChoose/ 

I've been a part of that community on Reddit for a long time now, and I've seen many people make some very real connections there. There is also a Discord server you can join if you just want to chat with the users of that forum first to see what they are like. 

After lurking for a while, most people post their own introductory post, explaining what they are seeking, and often someone will reply that they are willing to fill the role or they know someone who can. 

Best of luck. 

edit. You may first have to be logged-in to Reddit to view this forum, or try searching for it manually with the search bar on Reddit. i.e. search for <FamiliesYouChoose>. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Community Manager

Whoa great ideas @Felkyr @Trikle Trade @DirtWitch @Birdeye! What do you reckon you'll have a crack at @j95?

Builder

I'm not sure yet @Ben-RO last year my counsellor kept trying to push me to go to this aboriginal healing centre, they do group stuff but I never went, maybe that would be a good place too, just not sure about it.
Mod

@j95 that sounds like an interesting idea, what aren't you sure about with it?

Builder

Nervous about going @Chessca_H
Mod

@j95 what part makes you nervous?

Builder

New people, new place, what if I'm not welcome because I don't know much about my background @Chessca_H
Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count