Community Manager

Re: Finding a mentor or elder

Hey @j95 I hate to hit you with a bunch of cliches but I'm going to because I reckon this place could be awesome.

So...

you have nothing to fear, but fear itself.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

If nothing changes, nothing changes.

Want me to go on?

Builder

I just called them @Ngaio-RO I did it!!
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Mod

Awesome @j95! Smiley Very Happy
Builder

Decided I'm going to participate in some free fitness activities and classes with VAHS. I think that will help me a lot and I might meet some people
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

Hey @j95, I'm glad you were able to gain the courage to take some steps forward. The hardest part is over.

Builder

Ok so I've got some news!! I'm just trying to sort some stuff out and I'll share
Builder

[ Edited ]

Im not sure if anyone saw but ages ago I went to this primary school to discuss advertising in their newsletter and the lady at the office was actually an old carer of mine. Her and husband didn't look after me for very long, probably only a few months and it was pretty early on I think but they were so nice even if I didn't think that at the time, looking back there were by far the nicest people out of all of my placements, the only people that actually cared I think . I thought I might try getting in contact with them. Maybe nothing will come of it, but something might so worth a shot. Worse case, they completley reject me, which I'm sort of used to, best case I can talk to some really nice people

Community Manager

Yes @j95 I absolutely remember you mentioning her.

That sounds like a great idea.

Can you describe what you're picturing in your mind when you think about contacting them?

Community Manager

Sorry @j95 Ignore my question. You answered it in your post.

With that approach, I think it sounds like an absolutely awesome idea.!

Builder

I'm picturing something that's welcoming and encouraging, something that feels like a hug @Ngaio-RO I'm nervous but I also am hopeful
Top High Fived Authors