Mod

Re: Getting a new psychologist

It can be scary seeing a new psychologist or counsellor, but it can also be quite rewarding in the long term. You are definitely not a freak.

I need to go but I don't want to
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Super frequent scribe

hi @j95

@setmefree  @SmileMonkey is right your not a freak at all!!!

Asking for help is one of the hardest things that have to be done but its worth it. Your worth it @j95.

have you got a plan as to what you would like to do next and we can support you and help you implemement them from here?

youve said you dont want to go back to headspace is that right?

if it is i think the first thing you should do is see your gp and ask to see another psychologist in your location and that would suit your needs. then we can go from there.

this is the hardest step @j95 jsut make the leap, im sure once you start counselling with a psychologist your comfortable with things will realy start to look up for you, might not be straight away and it wont be a straight path, there will be ups and downs but just ask for help when you need it. dont be afraid to reach out . thats what we are here for ok ?

Builder

Thank you @scared01
I'm just so scared
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Super frequent scribe

i know @j95 its a very scary and very hard thing to do, no denying there. but just remember we are here for you. all you have to do is give a shout and smeone is usually around. i usually flick on through the day a few times when i can so just tag me if you feel you need to ok.

its ok to feel scared @j95 im scared all the time. Please get the help you deserve though ok?

should we make a plan that you can try to follow to help you throguh this?

Builder

Yeah a plan is good @scared01
Super frequent scribe

ok @j95 lets get a plan under way for you.

i think the first thing you shoudl do is make an appointment to see your gp and get another refferal to another psychologist that isnt at headspace... what do you think?

Builder

Yeah you mean call them @scared01
Super frequent scribe

yeah @j95 call your Gp and make an appointment..

Builder

Oh Man I feel like I need a seperate plan just for that haha
Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count