Youth Ambassador

Re: I smiled because...

Two Chinese women came in to buy some items and when they approached me to make the purchase they started talking to me in Chinese. Although I may look Chinese, I don't speak it. When I said I didn't speak it both faces morphed into looks of disapproval and disbelief. One of the ladies did a double-take / Rove's What the ? look. When they left I smiled.
Super star contributor

[ Edited ]

@FTP: That made me smile too! My auntie is Chinese too (but she doesn't speak any Chinese) and a similar thing happened to her when when she holidayed in Beijing last year. A few of the locals came up to her when she was out and started talking to her in Chinese and she apparently she got a lot of weird/ incredulous looks when she said she couldn't speak it!

I smiled because I read a lovely quote on Tumblr.

Builder

I smiled becasue...
- K stole our teachers keys and the anics that followed were hilarious
- science last lesson where we ended up playing celeberatiy heads... our teacher ended up being his ferrit, a slug and many other random objects/things...
- the conversations I had with miss G today! And when she decided to hang out with us seniors at lunch because we were in a classroom
- my drama teacher gave me a lot of positive today which I really needed

~~ ☆ Be yourself ; Everyone else is already taken ♡ ~~
Star contributor

I gave an ace response yesterday and Ms'll be stunned by how much work I've done!! Smiley Very Happy

Star contributor

@ Bee - Haha I love that you guys played celebrity heads and made your teacher a slug lol...I can imagine he would have been confused Smiley Happy

I smiled because I saw my school friends for the first time in a very long time and I got some gifts from Thailand and America Smiley Happy.
Builder

@Dilz: It was pretty hilarious... He wasn't that confused actually.. I think he kind of expected it... it's year11 senior science, enough said... haha Smiley Happy but it was pretty funny, it was more funny when he was an anglar fish.. (the fish with teh light above it's head, the one on fiding nemo that trys to eat dory and nemo's dad!)

I smiled because...
- My mentor gave me so many positives in today's meeting and the description she gave me of how I'd be when she see's me next fortnight - haha... (it was a bit over exaggerated and over the top..
- My English teacher gave me a lot of praise with my essay writting! She keeps telling me I'm getting better and better Smiley Happy Goal almost achieved for this term!
- Smiling because I've almost achieved one of this term's goals!

~~ ☆ Be yourself ; Everyone else is already taken ♡ ~~
Mod

I smiled because in German today the teacher went to show us a German movie, thinking it was rated PG or something. Turns out it's rated R18+... I don't know how she got the ratings so mixed up

I also smiled because of the encouragement & positive feedback my psych gave me during my appt today.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Youth Ambassador

i smiled because a stranger winked at me. not sure if it was a creeping wink too.
Star contributor

A lady showed me where the blood lab was. Smiley Happy 

Super star contributor

I smiled because I saw a gorgeous baby at the shops Smiley Happy
Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count