Mod

Re: LADIES AND HEALTH PROFESSIONALS PLEASE OVER 18- NEED ABIT OF ADVICE

@lokifish thanks for sharing that info that's really helpful Smiley Happy

@scared01 acne is so frustrating to get rid of. Have you tried any different products? Sometimes it's good to try some new things if your current routine doesn't seem to be working. Side-note: pharmacists at chemist warehouse can be really helpful for acne questions! (and it's free to ask them Smiley Wink )

You said you aren't comfortable talking to your GP and I'm just wondering if that is your GP in particular or just any GP? As for medication do you mean hormonal contraceptives? From my experience they seem to affect everyone really differently so I think it is really helpful to find a doctor who you can trust, understands your situation and listens to you Smiley Happy
Casual scribe

Hi! I have had changed medications about twice now and each time hasn't really affected me other than some drowsiness in the first few weeks. For me I have found that drugstore products tends to dry out my face terribly and make me breakout even more Smiley Sad I use bareminerals now and my pimples have seem to gone down...

Star contributor

Thanks guys for your advice

@May_ its gps in general not just mine and i mean my anti depressents and antipsych meds.
Builder

In regards to the pap smear, it's definitely worth it to start getting them done at 18. I got my first one I think at 19 and theyve found low grade changes twice so now I have to get further testing. My GP (who did it) told me because ive been diligent with it its probably nothing and will be an easy fix, but its important to stay on top of because cervical cancer can be asymptomatic. also i never got my HPV vaccines >.> 

i think because of your history it would be good to get an STI test and a pap smear done, if youve never had those before. If you havent had any symptoms youre probably in the clear but its still good to get in the habit, and you can probably get them both done in the same place, like in a womens health clinic or something (if youre uncomfy with all GPs) 

also, going on hormonal contraceptives can help acne, ive heard. I dont believe anti depressants or anti psychotic medication should change hormones, but it depends which ones youre on and which hormones you mean. i know on my anti depressants i get a lowered sex drive i THINK. it could just be lower because im not getting hypersexual due to mania. and i think contraceptives can also lower sex drive 

anyway thats my two cents!

Star contributor

thank you heaps @ivory

ive never had any tests done and im too scared to and its also a trigger for me which makes it even worse

Star contributor

hey guys just an update for you @ivory@mousecatcher@May_@SmileMonkey@lokifish @Nat8

the lump i had- They think its a leaking vein. The plan is to watch it for 2 weeks to notice any changes then do more tests.
They gave me a cream for my acne as its extremely bad and wont clear up no matter what i do
Due to my pasts they want to do tests and pap smear oh gee great!
They also want bloods done too
And my constant headaches could be from my new meds so we just reducing it and seeing what happens

I disclosed about my SA as well and that it was penetrative so thats why they wants tests done but also said being nearly 21 i could start having them then just as routine anyway unless finding something

i will eventually have to get a pap test but im super nervous about it..

im wondering if any one would be comfortable to share experiences esp the funnier ones?

also is there things that i should expect? is there any questions that i should be asking?

Mod

Hey @scared01
I've had quite a few pap smears so far. Honestly they are incredibly quick. Your a little uncomfortable for a about a minute to two minutes and they are done. Just remember to relax.
It's great you saw your doctor and they are going to so some follow ups Smiley Happy
Hopefully everything is okay Smiley Happy

Hey @scared01 well done on getting through your appointments Smiley Happy did you discuss how the pap smear is triggering for you with the nurse/gp? I personally have never had one so I can't really share any insight into what it might be like, sorry.
Star contributor

i wouldnt need one either @May_ its only casue of the SA that they said i should get one

do they hurt? @SmileMonkey

Mod

No. They don't hurt, it's more like a small pinch and bam they are done. It sounds alot scarier than they are, but it's just uncomfortable than actually painful @scared01