Builder

Re: Learning to swim when the surf's up

I did this also @Ben-RO

Other modes could be like

- Creative. Thinks of lots of different things and tries to make them happen. This mode is really hard to do when I'm stressed and have a lot of other stuff in my head. So it doesn't happen that often. I usually become fixated one an idea and work hard on it.
-
- Tackle problems. Usually this happens when I have a spare moment. I try to fix all of the things. I find it hard to prioritise and I just try and do it all. Which is fine but makes it hard and could lead to me getting frustrated I get super stressed when I can't do everything.

- Neutral. I don't think this is even a mode. It's just me really. It's where I want to be.

-
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

So like what do I do now @Ben-RO
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

I think the weekend was a perfect example of dominating and small mode. I felt crap, turned it into angry and dominating against these people then felt small for being aggressive, then went back into dominating and back into small
Mod Squad

[ Edited ]

Hey @j95 that's pretty rad you can reflect and see both of your go to modes from the weekend Smiley Happy am wondering whether you've been able to strategise how to manage the dominant modes and then also pull yourself out of the small modes?

I can get a very hot temper on occasion... one thing I find super helpful is giving my feeling of anger a name and identity. I have this wolf tattoo on my arm that I like to visualise as a real wolf sometimes, I kind of visualise calming the wolf down whilst I speak to him. I think in psychology it's called "externalising".  I will tell my wolf "I can see your teeth are bared and you're angry, I acknowledge that. But calm down, take a seat at the door and breathe."  

I know there are other people who like to use toys/artworks/songs to externalise an emotion too if you're not up to talking to imaginary animals Smiley LOL

Anyone else have any techniques like this? @safari93 @SmileMonkey @DruidChild etc? Smiley Happy

I am logging off much love RO crew! Chat tomorrow night.

ps. my wolf's current mood  Smiley Happy

tenor.gif

Builder

[ Edited ]

I haven't really strategised yet I'm still learning to sort of nip it in the bud before it gets bad. I like that visualisation, could be something I could go @Bree-RO and also sorry for being a bit crap last night. 

Top High Fived Authors