Mod

Re: Leaving home

It might be that moving out of home will help your mental health, which might make it easier to have a job @DruidChild Smiley Happy But, it's always up to you.
Good luck with centrelink Smiley Happy
Super star contributor

It's sooo pretty isn't it @May_?? Are you into crystals as well? I love them, hard to find affordable ones though. 

Yes! I totally agree @N1ghtW1ng thank you for making that point Smiley Very Happy

Mod

@DruidChild yeah Smiley Happy ahh I know they are so expensive :'( the cheapest places I have found them is at crystal expo's (there aren't many in Melb) and markets. I find they are always REALLY expensive at crystal shops. Do you know any good spots?
Super star contributor

Markets are good @May_, I found my amethyst for like $3 at a pop up stall in a Westfield mall so that was pretty awesome! Museums usually have pretty cheap semi precious stones, too. 

Mod

@DruidChild oh nice one Smiley Happy ebay is good for smaller stones too Smiley Tongue
Community Manager

Hey @DruidChild You've received some awesome suggestions already and you definitely sound like someone who has done their homework and knows what's what.

I just wanted to add to your plan to speak to Centrelink to ask (demand) to see a social worker. They are amazing at providing an extra level of support, especially for people who have a number of factors affecting their lives.

They can also help you look at your housing options. I can't believe you don't qualify for any community housing options. I'm really hoping that a Centrelink social worker will have some tricks up their sleeves for you.

You might have to hide just how capable you really are, and over-play your level of need but if you push Centrelink, they'll connect you with a social worker to case manage you.

Super star contributor

Thanks @Ngaio-RO. I didn't get a chance to go to Centrelink yesterday because I had to get a flu shot but when I go next week I'll see if I can organise to speak to a social worker. 

Mod

Best of luck for when you go to Centrelink @DruidChild!

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Super star contributor

Thanks @letitgo

Super star contributor

So I went to Centrelink today and it probably went about as badly as it possibly could have gone Smiley Sad I am not going to be eligible for living away from home youth allowance, I don't live far enough away. I pretty much begged the worker to tell me other payments that I could be eligible for, but there aren't any. I can only see the social worker once I have a form signed by me and my parents saying that I can't live at home because of extreme circumstances (like domestic violence or something) which would be a lie so I can't do that. And I can't get youth disability supplement because I don't get a disability pension. 

Pretty much until I magically develop the ability to work 30 hours a week while also studying 40 hours a week I'm screwed and they don't care that my mental health is suffering or that I can't sleep at night because I'm scared of my family's reaction once they find out that I'm trans. I am going to have to live here until I turn 22. Fuck. 

Then I checked my bank balance and paying for my next psychiatrist appointment (which I have to go to because my new medication is not having any effect at all) and buy the mandatory nursing uniform for my exams I will have wiped out all my savings. Which means I couldn't afford to pay a bond and deposit anyway even if I could pay rent. Smiley Sad

Top High Fived Authors