Uber contributor

Re: Leaving home

And pretty much I now see 0 point in studying today because why bother trying to get a degree and a job. I have to pretend to be a girl for the next three years and I have to try somehow to cope with living with family for three years so why actually bother trying to do anything with my life because as if  I'm going to survive the next three years. 

Mod

@DruidChild argh that makes me so angry I wish so badly that we had a better system in place Smiley Mad You will survive because you are a really strong person! Heart I don't know much about the disability pension, but is there any way you could be eligible for it?

Mod

How have you been doing @DruidChild?

You've done such a great job at getting through and keeping yourself together for your entire life. Three years is a long time, I know, and it's a lot to have to push through for three years. I believe in you, though.

There's always the chance of something changing in those years that makes everything more manageable, or even makes things good. The bigger thing is that you get through a few years, and then you have more years than you've lived so far to be who you are.
Uber contributor

@May_ @Birdeye thanks for your replies. I'm not doing so great tbh, but you're right, I just have to keep trying to hold it together. 

Uber contributor

I know this kind of resolved itself, but I feel so desperate - I have to get out of here. Please, does anyone have any suggestions? The main problems are that I don't have enough money and that there isn't much housing available. I've thought about trying to find work as a live in nanny but I think it'd be difficult because parents won't want a gender non conforming person looking after their children. I have a safe, reliable option for housing but I just won't be able to afford the rent and I'd have to apply in the next week and shit I just feel so fucking desperate. Please, I can't live here anymore. I keep trying to find loopholes but there aren't any. 

Mod

Hey @DruidChild, could you apply for this place and see if you could go on some kind of payment plan for the rent, paying it in increments or something like that? I'm sure some people are understanding and would be willing to accommodate something like that.

Or could you try becoming a house-sitter? That's something I've considered and I've been told that it's a viable option for young people looking to move out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Builder

I'm unsure on this, but i think if you feel unsafe at home and like you can't live there, that would be counted as extreme circumstances. 

I also support the idea of going on the disability pension, if you can. If you can't work... that's why its there. 

also.... @May_ @DruidChild you need to discover the magic of ebay in regards to crystals...

Mod

@DruidChild this would not be very longterm but have you considered house sitting? There are websites you can sign up for where you can stay in people's houses and mind their pets.

@ivory is that where you buy yours? Smiley Happy
Builder

actually a lot of my crystals came from a while ago at a national geographic out of this gumball machine thing like this that dispensed crystals

machine

so i figured out that if i turn the thing a certain way i'd get my coin back most times. So $6 and about 30 crystals later i get kicked out of the store and now you have to be supervised to use the machine.

but I buy pretty much all my stuff from ebay so i totally just bid on some things >.> 

Builder

Hey @DruidChild

It sucks that you are in such a crappy situation. I can really tell how much it is hurting you. I had to apply for living away from home allowance when I was 18 too. Forgive me if this is wrong, but can you declare yourself as independent from your parents and then receive your own money? I was approved due to my parent's mental health effecting my own so that I could live away from home.. I don't think I had any sort of evidence, but I just made my case (I don't see any sort of professional).

If you can't, hang in there. The life that you can make for yourself when you are out of home will be so worth it. 

Whether you think you can or think you can’t, either way you are right.
– Henry Ford
Top High Fived Authors