Builder

Potential mentor or elder

[ Edited ]

I hope this doesn't count as double posting and it's ok for me to make a thread. I am just super nervous but hopeful about this and your encouragement and support would be very lovely. 
I recently made that thread about finding somebody like a grandparent figure or similar. 

Im not sure if anyone remembers but ages ago I went to this primary school to discuss advertising in their newsletter for my business. The lady at the office was actually an old carer of mine. Her and her husband didn't look after me for very long, probably only a few months and it was pretty early on I think but they were so nice even if I didn't think that at the time, looking back there were by far the nicest people out of all of my placements, the only people that actually cared I think. They have really stood out for me but when I left their place I didn't continue contact with them and I was going through a lot so I don't think I really understood how lovely they were to me. I thought I might try getting in contact with them. Maybe nothing will come of it, but something might so worth a shot. Worse case, they completley reject me, which I'm sort of used to, best case something awesome happens and I get to meet these lovely people again. I have been looking for some sort of older adult figure in my life and maybe this is what I need. If this was to work out I feel a bunch of the other issues I'm having will sort themselves out. But I don't want to get my hopes up toooo muchi 

I think I'm going to message this lady in the next couple of days., ahh 

//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Uber contributor

Re: Potential mentor or elder

I do remember that @j95, that's awesome that you're planning on getting back in contact with them! Smiley Happy It must be a bit nerve wracking though, huh? Most people are really happy to hear that they've been a positive influence in someone's life - hopefully that's the case with this couple as well Smiley Happy

Mod

Hey @j95 :-)

I think it's great that you got to see this lady and now have the opportunity to contact the couple. I agree with @DruidChild that they would probably love to hear your words of positivity. What would you like to say to them exactly?

Builder

Thank you @DruidChild i don't want to get my hopes up too much 

@JanaG im not sure, I think I'll see if she wants to catch up for a start. 

//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Mod

This is a great thing @j95 Smiley Happy I hope it goes well for you.
Builder

Me too @N1ghtW1ng I think I'm going to send her a message now
Uber contributor

Let us know how you go @j95 Smiley Happy

Builder

@DruidChild I sent it, just the waiting game now...
Builder

I'm so nervous @DruidChild
Uber contributor

Waiting is the scariest part @j95 Smiley Sad Maybe the breathe app could help if you're getting nervous while you're waiting for a reply?

Top High Fived Authors