Star contributor

Re: Potential mentor or elder

@j95 it sounds like it will. the fact they would like to meet is a positive sign. Also the fact you remember them fondly is a good thing and will help Smiley Happy
Builder

Yeahhh well when I first saw her she didn't realise who I was, she was a bit like..... but when I explained a little she didn't. Im worried that it might be awkward and just not go well at all @Nat8
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Star contributor

,@j95 to be honest I think it may be awkward anyway bc it has been so long and you did meet in such a circumstance but I think if you can push through and explain things and be open to ideas it will go a lot smoother after the initial part Smiley Happy
Mod

hmmm @j95 do you reckon avoiding the possibility of awkwardness is worth potentially letting go of an opportunity to start a really helpful relationship? That might be another way to look at it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Builder

Yeah I really want to go but it's scary as @letitgo
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

@TOM-RO here
Mod Squad

@j95 You mentioned " what if it doesn't work out?"... What do you think will happen if it doesn't? How have you gotten through it other times? Smiley Happy 

Builder

What if this lady wants nothing to do with me? What if she isn't very nice to me? @TOM-RO what if she doesn't show up?
Builder

A lot has changed since I lived there @TOM-RO
Mod Squad

@j95 those are normal thoughts to worry about. But it could go either way right? What was your last interaction like? Perhaps based on that you could think of some positive ways the meeting could go...? 

Top High Fived Authors