Super frequent scribe

Re: Self Talk and Self Awareness

I's never heard of "self-talk" til recently. and it makes total sense to me like of course there is a dialogue going on inside. Now that I'm aware of it the harder bit is to challenge myself when I know I'm being mean... to myself!!
Star contributor

Do any of you guys have difficulties controlling your self talk, or is it not really an issue? If so, what strategies do you use?

-I always remember that thoughts can be quite misleading and aren't always reflective of who you are. Everyone has thoughts that are unpleasant and disempowering from time to time so I just acknowledge when I have one of those thoughts and remind myself of some positive thoughts that are more true to me.

Do you think you are very self aware? What other strategies do you think could be used to boost selfawareness?

-keeping a diary is probably the best way I boost self awareness. No one has to see it so I can be completely myself and I can look back on it to see if there are any patterns in my thoughts and feelings.  

Casual scribe

I have never know about self talk before. Now, I just realize that i have been doing it . For several years my self tak usually is negative. I blame the condition and the other people . I thought that I am such a bad luck.

Our thoughts affect our actions. Our actions affect the outcome . Thanks to this web , now I know what's wrong with me.

I recommend Tony Robbin's book which can change our life "Re-awaken the Giant Within."

There are some tips to change our negative thoughts become positive Woman Very Happy

Post Mod

Hey @Xeroxpie,

It sounds like you've noticed that your self talk in the past hasn't been so positive, and that you're now correcting that. Well done! This is a fantastic step to take for any body who struggles with negative cognitions and self talk. You've mentioned a book there, what was the most iseful thing in this book for you? I'd also reccommend Russ Harris "The Confidence Gap" - a fantastic read and really brings to attention how we talk to ourselves, and how to be mindful throughout our lives. Smiley Happy

Post Mod

How's everyone's self talk going? Smiley Happy

What sorts of things do you notice your mind saying to you?

Mod

My mind is somewhat blank at the moment actually @Lahna. I mean, it's not, but I can't get a good enough handle on things to make much sense. It's like constant white noise in the form of words, if that makes any sense.
Post Mod

Yeah it does make sense, I suppose it's better than having constant negative thoughts/ self talk.  Despite that I really hope you can find some clarity which helps the "mental fog" lift.

Casual scribe

i dont like voices in my head too.

Community Manager

You're not alone there @crazycream. Have you heard about self-talk before?

Post Mod

For anyone who wants to find out more about self-talk check out these great articles and stories RO has created!!!

|| Life runs in cycles, the wheel never stops turning, no matter how dark the night morning comes, no matter how cold the winter, spring comes. When you feel despair know that the wheel is turning, joy will come. ||
Top High Fived Authors