Youth Ambassador

Re: Today I'm Grateful For..

i went to a conference type thing today and the best quote i've heard in a while really struck me.

young people aren't the leaders of tomorrow.
they're the leaders of TODAY.

Youth Ambassador

Tonight I am grateful towards a Kids Helpline counsellor. He sat through my tearful babbles and helped me see things in a different light. Most of all, I am grateful for the reassurances he gave me. Thank you KHL!

Mod

Today I'm grateful for sales.
I'm grateful that my mother doesn't have completely different taste in clothes, so we agree on what she's buying me.
I'm grateful for everything about this gorgeous dress I just brought.
Contributor

@birdeye - wow, I think the fact that you and your mother can agree on clothing tastes is really something to be grateful for! that's seriously so rare haha, I could never go clothes shopping with my mum! Smiley Very Happy

Today I'm grateful for my amazing friends who love me enough to respect my choices even though they disagree with me.
Super star contributor

The last few days have been pretty difficult emotionally, so I'm really grateful that I'm feeling pretty content tonight. It's very relaxing Smiley Happy

I'm also grateful for the academic support at uni. Accessed some this morning and it's really helped me to refocus and understand my critical appraisal better. Plus it forced me to have it done earlier than I usually would so I actually had something to show the advisor!
Mod

@graphiqual: Yeah, I know I'm really lucky. We're almost always able to agree, and on the few occasions when we don't she completely respects that it's my wardrobe and my decision. She my no.1 person to go shopping with Smiley Happy
Mod

I'm grateful for the fact that I downloaded an app with nature sounds to help with relaxation. It's been a life-saver over the past week or so.

I'm also grateful for the fact that my mum knows how to cheer me up when I'm really down - she's been sending me adorable pictures of baby animals. Smiley Very Happy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Star contributor

I'm grateful for the people I seem to have surrounded myself with in my new home. They're pretty great.

Mod

I'm grateful for my amazing parents who will offer to drive 20 minutes to 30 minutes out of their way to help a friend, and to my dad who can make me smile on the darkest days. 

Builder

I'm grateful for the chat with my mentor today, some of her words really made me feel special. Particularly because she mentions how proud she was of me Smiley Happy I truely smiled, I couldn't help but continue to look into her eyes and smile. And I guess that it's these moments which make me work harder, which make me see the bad for the bad and say no, I can control this, or no I need to take a break.

I'm grateful for the way my mentor praised my recent news of my Science mark - She gets just as excited as I do - if more! About good marks and improvements. It's hilarious Smiley Happy

~~ ☆ Be yourself ; Everyone else is already taken ♡ ~~
Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count