Builder

Re: Uni Student Support Squad

@khaleesi_18
Yeah I'm going to leave my apprenticeship and just do some casual work for a bit, not be tied down with study and all that, just enjoy myself a bit, I have heaps of volunteering, music stuff and travelling that I want to do so I'll just have time to do work and do the things I like.
Mod

@j95 man that's really awesome! I'm happy for you - I think it takes a lot of courage to take that first step and realise that you'd like to try something else, and follow a different path. It sounds like you'll be getting a lot of life experience too!

Builder

[ Edited ]

I like what I'm doing but I have so much other stuff I want to try @khaleesi_18 there is nothing wrong with dipping your toe in the water and trying out a few different things. I sort of would of liked to finish my apprenticeship but I can always go back to where I left off, the option is always there.  I always thought I would be in construction forever but things change, time to try some new stuff while I'm young. 

Mod

Absolutely @j95! You never know what you might find that you also enjoy! That's great that you have your apprenticeship/construction still as another option (just in case you find that you would like to go back into that work). What sort of casual work are you thinking of doing?

Builder

@khaleesi_18 cafe or bar work, even something in music, or something outdoors like working in nursery or something that would relate a bit to what I've studied in my landscaping apprenticeship so would be like the best of both.
Builder

At least I know I have a job while I look for something else
Mod

Sounds great @j95! Super stoked for you and your work plans - they all sound like really interesting options where you'll learn heaps (and hopefully meet some cool people too).
Builder

Thanks @khaleesi_18 it's going to be so different but I'm ready for a change!
Builder

This thread is a big hit! Great idea @ElleBelle!

I'm in year 10 so not in this education range but I just wanted to pop in and show my support for this thread if you don't mind. Smiley Happy
Builder

@FootyFan26 you're welcome to join in, doesn't matter if you're in high school or not!
What subjects are you doing this year?
Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count