Mod

Re: Uni Student Support Squad

@redhead could you try using chocolate or a cup of tea as a reward to motivate yourself? Sometimes if I know there's a prize at the end of something I'm more likely to persist with it

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Mod

How's studying going @redhead? I'm supposed to be studying now but... why studying when I can RO? Smiley Tongue

@lokifish how's all the uni stuff going for you? What sort of things would you be able to do by transferring into psych? (job wise and such)
Builder

@N1ghtW1ng the study hasnt been going the best, but i agree, why study when there is RO.

so i just checked my results of my first assignment. HD!! yay.
Mod

Smiley Very Happy That's awesome @redhead!! So proud Smiley Happy
Super star contributor

Yay @redhead!!! That's amazing, well done Smiley Very Happy

Mod

@redhead GO YOU AWESOME PERSON! Obviously you're doing something right when it comes to study Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Builder

Arg. The lecture notes for today aren't online Smiley Sad
Builder

Oh and thanks guys.
The assignment was just an online quiz but still awesome.
Mod

@redhead ah that sucks Smiley Sad I find that sometimes they don't upload the slides until after the lecture (which is kinda pointless in a way, but still better than nothing). And quizzes are still important! Doing well on them can be the difference between passing/failing, or getting a HD vs a D Smiley Happy

Builder

I've been away for a while, but I got so many email updates from this thread! You guys have been busy, so much has happened. Grats to @j95 on passing finals, and @lokifish on getting approval for the intermission. Good luck on the transfer! In my experience, surprisingly few people know exactly what they're doing with their lives. I'm still not entirely sure why I decided to go into psych when I'm a level 1000 introvert who hates interacting with people, but somehow it happened. Also, shit, @N1ghtW1ng, you do jiujitsu (on top of studying)? Hella cool. 

Update from my last post like a month ago gosh: honours thesis sucks guys. In the end, out of all the people I contacted I basically had one choice (not a bad one, mind you, but she was super picky about the topics I proposed and ethics approval is just, ugh) so I've ended up doing a topic which I'm not super enthused on, but should be... relatively straight-forward. That's if I can get the go ahead on anything more specific than the general area, because it turns out there's a project that ~5 staff are working on which is aaaawfully similar. So it's taking a while, but ethics approval is due in two weeks hahaha orz

Not planning on working on it today, I'm already dead on my feet. Tomorrow, mayhaps.

Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count