Mod

Re: Uni Student Support Squad

Mum just asked me if I start TAFE next Friday or the Friday after that... Little does she know that I'm actually supposed to start tomorrow hahahah oops. At least I can now get away with staying home tomorrow? Smiley Tongue

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Builder

I failed another assignment and got one due Monday which I'll probably fail too. I'm so fucking stupid. Why did I think I could do uni.
Mod Squad

@redhead heya that's a bummer.. Happens to the best of us! Do you get to resubmit? Are you still enjoying the stuff you're learning?

Builder

I'm loving what I'm learning but I'm just too dumb to pass. And no resubmit with this one. At least it's only worth 5% of overall mark
Mod Squad

Oh @redhead that's super good I am glad it's only 5% Smiley Happy Do you just feel down on yourself for not nailing it? This is only first  year of uni though am I right?

Dunno if it helps at all but I have written up a list of influential people below who all either struggled through college or in some cases were self educated, I can link you up to the article about them too if you like Smiley Very Happy

1. Richard Branson. 
  2. Steve Jobs. 
  3. William Shakespeare. 
  4. Abraham Lincoln. 
  5. Dave Thomas.
  6. Michael Dell.
  7. Oprah Winfrey. 
  8. David Karp
  9. Quentin Tarantino
  10. Ralph Lauren. 
  11. John Lennon. 
  12. Walt Disney..
  13. Jim Carey. 
  14. Al Pacino. 
Builder

Hey @lokifish
I saw on one of the other threads that you went to TAFE so you could orientate yourself, fantastic work! In my first week of uni, I went to find all of my lecture theatres and tutorial rooms so I at least felt like I had some control over what was going on.

I believe in you, you can do it! Smiley Very Happy
Mod

@redhead uni assignments are SO completely different to anything you have to write in school, so while it sucks to struggle with them, it's also pretty normal. Did they give you any helpful feedback about how you can improve?

@TalaForest16 thanks Smiley Happy I'm definitely the kind of person who needs to practice things before doing them for real so I'm glad I went. Not going today though because it's pouring with rain and I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon anyway

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Mod

Oooh man I think I really messed up. I'm suddenly realising that poverty and "SES(social economic status) and inequality" are basically the same, as in poverty is a part of that and we were supposed to do different topics but I did the same.

ahhhh noooo..... Oh gosh oh golly. I'll find out at 10pm tonight how I did. I hope to gosh that I don't fail. Apparently two people failed and if I'm one of them because I did that ahhhh! I really hope I did well (as in, pretty damn good) on this assignment because I'm pretty sure I've sucked on one group presentation Smiley Tongue
Mod

*long suffering sigh* this next assignment is going to be my death. I haven't started it and I have exactly half an hour today. And less than an hour tomorrow to complete it in.

Unless I stay up late tonight and then suffer tomorrow at school Smiley Tongue
Mod

How did it end up going with that assignment @N1ghtW1ng? Sounds like it was a pretty tight squeeze to get it done!

Top High Fived Authors