Mod

Re: Were you the person you want to be today (even just a little?)

Love this thread @AllyEm! I suggested to someone in my thesis group that we study together and she gave me a call and I managed talking on the phone without feeling/sounding stupid today!

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Mod

Well last week I didn't think I'd be very happy but hey, I'm doing alright Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Mod

Today I left the house, drove to the train station and hung out with my friend all without crying/hurting myself, so I'm doing pretty well Smiley Happy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Super star contributor

Yay @lokifish and @N1ghtW1ng, I hope that you're both really proud of yourselves!! Smiley Happy

Super star contributor

I felt good for an hour or so today, the dysphoria and anxiety and sadness all shut up and I ate chocolate and read a textbook chapter and it was pretty good Smiley Happy I know that I'll have more good hours like that, even if I feel really low rn.

Mod

From the weekend until now there were quite a few times where I felt like I had the opportunity to be the person I want to be by making an effort to make someone else's day better, and I ended up down because I either ignored those times or even went the other way.
But today I responded the way I want to when the opportunity appeared. It was little, but it was something right.
Rookie scribe

I really thought i was going to be great today but i lost it again! thought we had less time than we had at the shops today to get the bus home and i ended up swearing at people and having a massive tantrum much to the annoyance of my wife.

Felt like complete shit when i calmed down, as i told her we were going to have a good day out Smiley Sad

Mod

Hey @NamelessGhoul90, sometimes we get frustrated and angry when things don't go the way we thought they would. I have found some information about anger and frustration which you can find here. You can also find information about the ABCD method of dealing with frustration which you can find here.