Super star contributor

What does a good life look like, and how do you get it?

[ Edited ]

that is a really bad/ hilarious example @Ben-RO

my problem is my whole life..... now try fixing that Smiley LOL

Community Manager

Re: The Troubleshooter

[ Edited ]

Hehehe i thought you'd find it funny Smiley Tongue

I can help with that @loves netball. Define what a good life worth living looks like for you, and we will 100% figure out how to get there Smiley Happy

This is a photo of me:

Duckdoo.jpg

Super star contributor

@Ben-RO is your favourite word "quack"? Smiley LOL

Yeah umm that is the problem I see my life as a blank wall.. I'm lost, I feel like I have no identity, I don't know where I belong, where I fit in the world, what my life should look like. I don't know what my purpose is in life. I have no ide who I am and I don't know where to start with my mess..........

I don't find jokes about bans that funny atm, sorry

Community Manager

Fair enough @loves netball i edited the joke. Sorry Smiley Sad

I would be reaaaalllly excited and like very much to make a special thread to talk through this life stuff with you!!!!

Super star contributor

@Ben-RO I didn't mean for you to edit the joke, it was funny, just sorry I'm a bit flat.. 

I think I've already made enough threads in my short time here. The weekend really opened things up that I shouldn't really be on here. I mean look I'm back and talking about how much I don't like my life when I could be trying to support others and be positive, but I'm being so self centred. I'm sorry for being so negative today! And I also feel really really bad for stuffing up Friday.

Community Manager

Its okay @loves netball, being negative is a thing that happens, and sometimes the best thing we can do is sit with it, accept it and let it pass. Sometimes we can and should do something to challenge it. It depends.

You can create as many threads as you'd like. I actually like it when we pull stuff out into it's own thread because it means we can spend more time supporting each person on each issue. Like i reckon Short Sads gets too cluttered and we should be encouraging people to make a thread for themselves pretty much every time an issue goes past more than 3 posts and still isn't sorted. Hmm speaking of which, I think i want to make a new thread out of this conversation, because what you say matters a lot and it should have its own space for it.

I think this might be a bit controversial, but i think it's really important to be selfish. Wanna guess why?

Super star contributor

[ Edited ]

Why @Ben-RO? that word is still faintly a part of me that will never leave.... can't go into details...

Can you lock me out for the rest of the week please?

Super star contributor

Hey @Ben-RO, I'm still waiting for you to tell your reason why it's good to be selfish?

Is it so my parents can yell at me and tell me I'm selfish? I hope not Smiley Indifferent

Community Manager

@loves netball nope i don't think that's at all okay for your parents to do Smiley Sad

Being selfish means you're thinking of your needs and wants and giving yourself permission to go get those needs and wants met, or maybe that's not what selfish actually means, but it's what other people often seem to think is selfish, not realising how selfish telling someone else they're selfish is (that sentence made me dizzy). I honestly don't see anything wrong with going out and getting what you need, asking for what you want and not taking "nope"  for an answer.  Especially when so many people do so much for others but not anywhere near enough for themselves (i am guilty of this).  There's a quote for this that's in the builder training but it miiight be upsetting for you based on some things we have talked about so I won't share it unless you're okay with it. Here's another one i like though.

image.png

Super star contributor

I think you underestimate my coping abilities @Ben-RO. But I'm not a builder so I guess I don't need to see it. 

According to my parents I used to be a good helper to everyone and a really hard worker, maybe I was up until I was hurt for my super hard work at uni placement. At that time I could also imagine what I wanted my life to look like but than everything fell apart and I turned to suicide ideation. Obviously I want to find what I want in life again but it's seems to be happening at snails pace. 

Top High Fived Authors