Community Manager

Re: The Troubleshooter

[ Edited ]

There's the quote, sorry, just being careful!

put-on-your-own-oxygen-mask-before-assisting-others-quote-1.jpg

It's cool that you're recognising what's happened and that there's a direction to head in for what you want in life, we can speed up the pace!

Super star contributor

Hah? I'm confused @Ben-RO

Super star contributor

I still don't know how it applies to me because I'm not a builder @Ben-RO?!! Smiley Mad

Community Manager

Well first up I hope in the next round of Builder recruitment you think about applying to be one @loves netball

Second of all I think that it's a good way of thinking about things for everyone, not just builders.

You have to help yourself to help others. At least that's what i think. What do you reckon?

Super star contributor

Well I doubt I know when that is @Ben-RO

That's also what my mum tells me. Except she likes to say how bad a role model I am for the young girls I coach with netball, because I'm always doing unsafe stuff

Community Manager

Depends on the way you look at it, i don't agree with your mum's way of looking at it, frankly i think it's wrong because it doesn't capture all the hard work you do to despite sometimes feeling like being unsafe.

I haven't anounced anything yet, but I am aiming to do another round towards the end of Feb Smiley Happy

Super star contributor

I don't actually even understand what a builder is (except most come across as very important people).

And by the end of Feb I hope I've stopped coming on RO because uni will be taking over my sad sad life. Sorry you can tell I'm really not doing well right now Smiley Sad

Can you lock me out for an hour right now, so I go do something to help me feel a bit more positive @Ben-RO?? please (don't make me find a gif of a pleading little face Smiley Tongue)

Super star contributor

I think this was a waste of a thread because I don't know what I'm supposed to be working towards and the last two weeks things have been pretty terrible. Yet I'm probably trying strategies more than I was. Probably not the right ones (or the ones may case manager expects me to use), but I am trying. I just don't know what it would look like if my life was good.
Community Manager

@loves netball learning new skills and strategies takes a bit of energy while they're still a conscious effort. So it can often be tougher before it gets easier. If you keep the strategies up you eventually become what is sometimes called "unconsciously competent" i.e it's no longer hard work to do the things, it's just second nature. I think you might be pushing over the hump before your second wind. Or to be really nerdy it's kind of like switching from glycolysis to lipolysis. There's a fiddly bit while you change gears in energy metabolism and it's kind of similar to changing from one way of getting through tough times to another way. I may have just made up the worst metaphor ever, sorry Smiley Tongue

Super star contributor

Awesome metaphor Smiley LOL @Ben-RO

Changing glycolysis to lipolysis literally means you slow down in energy lows/expenditure at that particular time. Because glycolysis refers to carbohydrate (CHO) metabolism which is a faster process than lipolysis which is fat metabolism. Fats require more oxygen so are slower. Hence why you slow down when you hit the wall running a marathon Smiley Tongue

Top High Fived Authors