Super frequent scribe

Re: What makes you happy when your down?

yeah awesome! i actually was thinking of getting a kitten after my old cat was hit by a car. Think it would really help me a lot
Mod

Lots of awesome strategies here Smiley Very Happy

I actually came up with a list of things I can do when I feel down (it was therapy homework) and refer to it an awful lot Smiley Happy Some of the things on there are:

• Listening to music
  • Having a bubble bath
  • Playing with my dog
  • Reading a good book
  • Looking through old photos
  • Baking cookies (or just eating the cookie dough raw Smiley Very Happy)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Casual scribe

[ Edited ]

i draw mostly when i feel sad or upset ive alway's drawn or i read a book everyone has diffrent way's of coping this is mine

Super frequent scribe

everyones method is different and i like yours. In fact i bet you do some excellent drawings Smiley Happy keep it up
Super frequent scribe

awesome man those strategies sound great Smiley Happy
Casual scribe

thnx...... ^_^
Youth Ambassador

Hey ideasman14, great thread

To be honest when I am feeling down, there is nothing I can really do to lift myself out of it. Usually I have to allow the dark periods to take its course and hope it passes quickly. During these periods, I ususally call a helpline (e.g. Kids Helpline) or talk to my therapist during our regular sessions.   

What I do instead when I am not down is prepare for these dark periods. It is still the holidays, so I have planned a lot of outings with friends and placed appointments with therapists on a weekly basis. I aimed to keep busy and distracted so I feel motivated to get out of bed everyday. When I am at home, I have a to-do list made up. For e.g.

1. Wash the dog
  2. Email x, y, z
  3. Call the bank
  4. Wash my hair
  5. Plan next week's outings 

I definitely like the music idea too. I have music around me all the time. I have One Direction on atm (no shame!) Smiley Happy

Super frequent scribe

that sounds good and i would probably like to do that type of thing for myself and its all good i listen to one direction too Smiley Happy
Post Mod

I had a really bad day yesterday, and I knew that I would wake up this morning and not want to get out of bed. But I managed to do so, and I told myself that if I got out of bed, I would have a nice, relaxing bath, which I did! I don't have them very often, but baths make me feel content and relaxed

Post Mod

I get happy watching all my guilty pleasure TV shows. The reality TVs and some comedy here and there. Also watching little kids dance. You guys have to see this cutey