Casual scribe

to scared to wear my glasses

hi im new her to the forums so i hope this is ok to post and the right place to post....

so ive recently got my new glasses but im too scared to wear them in public.

i need them for reading and writing anyhting so i have to take them with me everywhere pretty much but im to scared to wear them

does anyone have any suggestions?

Mod

Re: to scared to wear my glasses

Hi there @scared01! Welcome to Reachout!

Just curious why you are feeling scared when it come to wearing your glasses?

Casual scribe

hi @AprilScarlet

i quite like my glasses but im afraid of what other people might think of me...

before people came with the stigma that they were geeks or dorks or were called names and bullied. im scared thats going to happen to me out in public

Builder

I understand why you may be scared, but if you really take a look around, would you agree that actually HEAPS off people wear glasses?
I know I used to feel like that, but when I did wear them, I actually just got a lot of compliments from people. No one laughed or anything. They thought they were nice and suited me.

Perhaps you could give it a go. Maybe people won't really notice?

If you like your glasses, try and own them! sand think of how helpful they will be when you're reading and writing.
Mod

Hey @scared01 Smiley Happy I can totally relate to feeling scared wearing your glasses in public. Are there places that you feel comfortable wearing them? Do you think wearing them more in those places could help you get a bit more used to them?
Casual scribe

hi @Alison5 @May_

thank you Smiley Happy

yeah i guess so i see a fair few people with them now but i never really take any notice but when i think abou it yeah there is heaps of people

at the moment i only feel comfrotable wearing them at home and ive been wearing them all afternoon since i got them replaced and i can say its aot better with them then without!

Mod

@scared01 that's great that you feel comfortable wearing them at home! Smiley Happy I think they look awesome by the way Smiley Wink
Mod

Hey @scared01 and welcome to ReachOut Smiley Happy

As a fellow glasses wearer, I understand how you feel. I first started wearing my glasses in primary school and when I first wore them during lunch I was so nervous and worried that people would be mean to me.
As primary schools are, some people were but those people were bullies and really, bullies don't mean anything.

It's great that you like your glasses, it can be so hard to find a good pair. If people don't know you wear glasses, they might find it a bit odd at first as any change can be but after a couple of days, it all goes away and back to normal.
Casual scribe

thanks @May_

i couldnt find blue ones though but these are still nice Smiley Happy

Casual scribe

thats good @N1ghtW1ng

so you think i wont have any problems with them?

Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count