Builder

Re: to scared to wear my glasses

Hi @scared01!

I am a fellow glasses wearer! 

I used to be very shy to wear them in public but when I finally decided to wear them out, it was completely fine!

Most people will just think it's cool because it can be seen as somewhat of a fashion statement! 

Wearing your glasses out in public might also help someone else who is shy to wear theirs to realise that we're all in the same boat and here to support eachother Smiley Very Happy

Super frequent scribe

Hi @missep i quite like my glasses now... i havent worn them out in public yet though but i think ill be fine maybe a bit nervous the first few times but im sure itll be fine Smiley Happy
Builder

@scared01 while I don't wear glasses, I think they look so so cute on pretty much everyone. Sometimes I consider getting fake ones because I just love the look so much. 

It might just be nerves from it being a new thing. I'm sure you'll be fine, and functionally wearing your glasses would be best. My ex girlfriend used to feel bad wearing her glasses, but I always had to read menus and stuff for her, she couldnt drive, etc. Her life would have been a lot easier if she wore em. 

Super frequent scribe

hi @ivory

yeah i think it just nerves. since ive been wearing them at home even just in front of family instead of taking them off im getting abit more comfortable wearing them Smiley Happy

i only need them for pretty much anything within arms reach so reading writing etc so i dont need them for driving but im finding it alot easier to read and stuff rather than sqinting or frowing trying to make out the words properly so now when i go to cafes etc i can read them menus without so much trouble which is a good thing Smiley Happy

Mod

It's good that you only need them for reading, which means you can take them off if you want to. While it can be nervous the first few times, the feeling goes away, especially if you wear them regularly, so you (and other people) get used to seeing you in them Smiley Happy
Super frequent scribe

i wear them pretty much all day though as i study through the day and anytime i have to read, write or when im on the computer which i pretty much most of the time as the course is online @N1ghtW1ng

Builder

@scared01,

woohoo!

I'm glad you like them now Smiley Very Happy

I think glasses add a lot of character! 

Each time you wear them in public it will get easier and easier! 

Super frequent scribe

yeah they pretty good now @missep

Mod

Awesome to hear that it's better wearing your glasses out Smiley Happy

The annoying part of wearing your glasses out is when it rains and then you have to look through the water on your glasses Smiley Tongue
Super frequent scribe

yeah lucky i dont have to wear them 24/7 i just have ahabit now of putting them on top of my head and then wearing them around all day lol @N1ghtW1ng

Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count