Builder

Posting Error

[ Edited ]

Hey,

When I go on very large posting waves the forums reach a point where they won't let me post anymore and when I try to post it comes up with a message saying something like 'PLEASE CORRECT THE HIGHLIGHTED  AREAS TO POST and/or wait a few minutes then try again'.  Sometimes it works in a couple of minutes but then the error comes up again a couple of posts later or sometimes it takes a couple of hours to be able to post again.  I can't seem to find the highlighted area either.  I don't know if I'm missing something or it just won't work.

I can't beat @stonepixie at the games section if I can't post! Man Surprised

Post Mod

Re: Posting Error

Heya @FootyFan26!

The forums sometimes puts in a halt to your posts if it looks like you could be spamming it! Its own mind does a bit of a walkabout and can mistake actual posts for genuine ones. How about logging out and then back in again to see if it'll let you post again? If not, @Ben-RO could probably give you an answer Smiley Happy 

Okay. I'll give it a go next time. I have changed browsers and logged in again from them but I'll have another go.

Cheers
Community Manager

Hey @FootyFan26!  I am having a look into this now. If I can't figure out wtf is going on, I'll pass it on to the team of people who handle the really technical bits. One of them might pop on to ask you a few more questions if we can't replicate the issue Smiley Happy .  I will do everything i can to help you defeat @stonepixie Smiley Tongue 

Mod

@FootyFan26 when that happened to me, I had accidentally reached the rate limit for my internet. I suggest opening tumblr the next time it happens and then it'll open on a normal page or it might say "sorry you've exceeded the rate limit, please try again in a few minutes"

We must defeat @stonepixie! Smiley Tongue
Builder

@N1ghtW1ngwhat exactly do you mean by 'rate limit'.  Is a tumblr account needed?

Mod

I don't think so @FootyFan26. And I'm not sure. Maybe some internet connections can't make so many posts in a certain given time. When it's happened to me I've been "spamming" the Games thread.
Mod

Tumblr is just the website I used to discover and then check if that's the problem.
Mod

No fair! Why is everyone ganging up on me?

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Rookie scribe

Hey @FootyFan26 it's Justin here from ReachOut.

That error does sound a bit strange, but I'll take a look at whether we have anti-spam or other measures in place that prevent you from posting.

If it happens again for you, can you post a screenshot to this thread so that I can see the exact messaging?

Thanks!

Justin