Builder

What is appropriate vs what isn't

[ Edited ]

Some parts of the last couple of weeks haven't been easy and I feel like when I make a post expressing my frustrations and anger I get told its not appropriate. 

I udnerstand that swearing to a lot of people isn't very nice, but it's how I express myself because I don't know how else to describe my feelings and I feel like I'm constantly told its not ok.

Even when I haven't sworn, and what I've said can't possibly be offensive, I get told that it is, like in one case I got told that me saying support services I was trying to contact were useless, had to taken off or edited out.

Im not sure I understand. I'm starting to feel like everything I say is just getting picked at and the issue at hand is getting dismissed because somebody didn't like the way I expressed it.

i guess I just want clarification on what's on and what isn't, it seems like for some it's ok, for others it isn't, then one day it's not acceptable at all. I know that mods, mod squad and staff are all human and can't be perfect, yeah totally get that and I'm not blaming anybody but I'm not understanding all this. 

//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Community Manager

Re: What is appropriate vs what isn't

[ Edited ]

Hey @j95 first up, swearing is definitely 100% okay unless it's directed at a person  I want to make it really clear that I don't see any posts where you swore at anyone so you're all good.

But some examples just in case someone is wondering would be things like calling someone something or saying "fuck off @Ben-RO" to a person, obviously that's not cool because it's a type of verbal abuse.

I have clarified this with the mods about what's okay and what's not okay.

I am still following up on the rest of this post because i want to make sure i understand everything and what's going on.

You have a right to be heard and understood though and also to ask for support in the way you want support, so i guess what i am saying is I'm listening and now I'm gonna have a think about what we can learn and do to make things improve. Hope that's okay I will reply with more stuff soooon. Thank you for talking about this, i know it's probably not easy to say things like this!

Builder

Thanks for following this up @Ben-RO

There was one case in the last couple of weeks where I did let my "dominating mode" control me and swore at someone, and that was edited and I apologised, all sorted, I understand that wasn't ok.

But yeah the rest of the stuff definitely took me by surprise.

I appreciate you looking into it, that's awesome, thanks
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

Hey @Ben-RO I know you are mostly like super busy right now but just wondering if you've got any updates on this? Completley understand if not
Builder

I don't want to be annoying about this and  I don't want to cause problems but I feel like lately there has been so incosistences and it's really confusing, like what I understood was acceptable now isn't and what I thought wasn't now kinda is