If I Wrote a Book It Would Be About...

We've all got stories to tell Smiley Happy

If you wrote a book

- what would it be about?

- what genre?

- what title would you name it?

Answer all 3 questions or just the one you want Smiley Happy

Mod

Re: If I Wrote a Book It Would Be About...

First off, @StarLord, as a massive book worm, words cannot describe how much I love this topic!!

If I wrote a book, it would be about...

A town in Belgium called Gheel, which has a really progressive approach to the treatment of severe mental illness

The genre would be...

General fiction or literary fiction. That's not very specific, sorry!

I would name it...

A Town Ahead of Its Time? I don't know. I'd have that as a tentative title.

How would you answer these questions? Smiley Happy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Builder

If i wrote a book i would travel around the world visiting small towns and villages staying with different families and looking at the universal aspects of family life. Like do families in Italy and Japan fight over the last piece of pizza or feed the dog under the table when they think dad isnt looking Smiley LOL So I guess kind of a travel journal? 

Uber contributor

[ Edited ]

@StarLord This topic idea is AMAZING! @GG-DD and @letitgo I would read both those books Smiley Very Happy

I may or may not have three elaborately planned unwritten novels in my head, but this is my favourite!

If you wrote a book

- what would it be about?

It would be a novel told in poetry, diary entries, first person narration, sketches in rainbow pencil, and text messages and it would be about a 20 year old autistic woman and a 21 year old woman with bipolar disorder. They meet in the poetry section of the used bookstore and they gradually fall in love and bond over strawberry milkshakes, Sylvia Plath, and neurodivergence. But there are many challenges to their happy ending, of course Smiley Tongue

- what genre?

New adult romantic comedy??? Kind of? I think?

I'd call it Mad Girl's Love Song (which is the name of a famous Sylvia Plath poem).

Mod

I would write a book revolving around the idea of personal growth intertwined with the connection we have to mother earth. The two combined could bring about a great soul searching, existential awareness journey. Throw in a bit of multiverse travel and BOOM! A million copies sold.

Adventure? 

The Search For The Light.. 

Mod

okay @DruidChild I loooooove that book already and you haven't even written it yet! What an amazing idea! Love that the title is a Sylvia Plath reference as well. I've only read The Bell Jar, and one of her poems (Tulips) but I've been meaning to read more of her stuff!

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Mod

I'm answering again because I love this so much...

Another book would be about the phenomenon of hikikomori in Japan, which is where young people (usually men) become overwhelmed by the pressure put on them and gradually refuse to leave their house or room. And it would be the story of how one individual recovered from that.

The genre would be...coming of age fiction, I think?

Title... The World Beyond Your Bedroom. Again, a working title.

Uber contributor

Thanks @letitgo Smiley Very Happy Perosnally I didn't really like The Bell Jar, reading about depression when you have depression is pretty tedious haha, but I LOVE her poetry. 

I like your idea about the hikikamori phenonemon...I met someone in hospital who suffered from that, I think it would be cool to have more awareness and understanding of the topic.

Uber contributor

Okay I have another one because this is fun Smiley Happy

-  what would it be about?

It would be about two non-binary friends called Ve and Lolo who live together in a queer housing complex. A radical hate group called The King's Men is using magic to take over the government so the friends enlist the help of Frida Kahlo's ghost, Ve's headspace psychologist who is actually Oscar Wilde reincarnated, a group of LGBT teens, Marsha P Johnson, and a young gay Jewish man from 1700s London. They travel through time and space and ultimately defeat The King's Men. 

- what genre?

Coming of age? Dystopian YA??

All The King's Men

Community Manager

Whoa @DruidChild nice one i was just in a meeting with @Ngaio-RO amd @Sophie-RO and showed them and they thought it was awesome too! Ngaio-Ro said you should probably start writing Smiley Happy

Top High Fived Authors