Mod

Re: BPD diagnosis?

That is super duper awesome that you can recognise when things are getting overwhelming when you are driving. Smiley Happy

Got any plans for today? I may or may not be crocheting and reading RO at the same time.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Mod

@Bree-RO yeah I'm lucky I don't live too far away from PB Smiley Happy. I ended up self-harming. (but no, don't need medical attention)

@stonepixie got a psych appointment at 2:30, and I don't know how to bring any of this up. I'm scared of what'll happen

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Mod

Getting a new diagnosis is quite scary, I don't blame you for feeling this way. But remember, with the right diagnosis, you can get the right treatment. Smiley Happy Hope everything goes well, @lokifish

You've got this.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Mod

@stonepixie Definitely true. Thank you Heart (hope the crocheting is going well btw!)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Builder

@lokifish how did the appointment go
Mod

@redhead sorry for the late reply; I've been off the forums for the last few days. The appointment actually went well, though he was a little put out by some of the stuff in the referral letter. He basically said that while I likely do have some sort of PD, labelling me with a stigmatising diagnosis isn't going to provide any benefit. Which I agree with. He said he'd ring my GP at some stage to talk about it.

I feel like shit at the moment though Smiley Sad

Builder

@lokifish I'm glad the appointment went well.

What's up, wanna talk about it?
Highlighted
Mod

It is great that you are able to work with your psycholgist, especially as @stonepixie has said, the right diagnosis means the right treatment Smiley Happy

Do you have any plans for tonight or tomorrow? Anything you are looking forward to?

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count