Casual scribe

Re: Being gay is ruining my life

@Bree-RO Yes, my friend meant that I should see a professional. I don't necessarily feel unsupported, but I don't feel supported either. Even though my friend says he will support whatever I do, it doesn't feel like he's completely there for me... ever since I told him, he's acted like it never happened. It's not that I want him to make a big deal of it, but it seems almost like he just tries to forget I told him and ignore that part of me.

I don't know why I feel the way I do. Right now, I'm deciding on a post secondary institution. It's my dream to go to a really good college, but every step in getting there is overwhelming me. I feel like I need to give just a bit more to make it, but I have nothing left to give. But at the same time, if I don't get there I'll have let myself, my friends, and my family down.

Beside that, I don't want to be gay. All it does is add to an already difficult life. I guess I feel like self harm would be hitting two birds with one stone; I wouldn't have to worry about my sexuality or the disappointment of failure. I don't think about it a ton, but the thought is always in the back of my mind now and I'm worried that anything else in my life could be the straw that breaks the back.
Highlighted
Mod

Re: Being gay is ruining my life

Hi @downthelane, thank you for sharing with us how things have been for you. It sounds like there's a lot that's been going on, like coming out to your friend (which is really awesome and a big step!), then how things have been with your friend after coming out, and feeling overwhelmed about life after high school. 

So I was wondering about (you don't have to answer these if you don't want to):

• the kind of support that you'd like to receive from your friend? 
  • your thoughts on his suggestion of seeing a professional for some extra support - or maybe contacting Q life/Kids Helpline?
  • what you meant when you said that 'every step in getting there [to a really good college] is overwhelming me. Is this related to the studying to get into college?

Take care Heart

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar