Community Manager

Being stressed in class

This is a thread for @j95 who is currently finding it really hard to understand what's happening in class, which is heaps stressful!

So far you did some great stuff to help calm down a bit and i just wanted to give you a huge pat on the back for that, nice one.

I also reckon it's important to keep doing that, when we're reaaaaallly stressed out, the bits of our brains that we need to concentrate go out the window. So it's important to start there, keep doing where are my hands!

The next thing i want to suggest is to think about breaking up what you're learning as much as possible. So what are you currently learning about? Or what is the class name?

Also, do you have a pen and notepad/paper/book? You're gonna need it for the next bit Smiley Happy

Builder

Re: Being stressed in class

@Ben-RO I've got pen and paper ready.
We're learning about plants, establishment programs and soil improvements.
I just have no idea what they are even talking about it, its like they all somehow know about something I don't and I cant ask what are you talking about because that would make me look very very silly
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

I have a textbook and I don't know what any of this means
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

I don't know even know what the text says I can't read it properly 

Builder

Omg sorry for the 4th post but I just got given some some work to do at home and then to look for at work, shit
Community Manager

Really sorry @j95 i keep getting caught in another... thing

Okay if there's a question or something that you have to answer, write it down on the paper. And then share the question here (if you want to). We can break it up into bits and work out what it means and then plan some steps. Just like we do steps for other tricky stuff.

Sorry i am not super responsive at the moment!

Builder

Hmm ok, but like i don't know if anyone here knows about this stuff @Ben-RO also some of it is just reading stuff, which I suck at always but especially when I don't know what it's supposed to mean and the words are too big and I can't figure out what this sways it's just jumble
I think I'm going to get out of here
Builder

Also sorry for being so annoying
Mod

It sounds like you are studying horticulture @j95, I have a pretty keen interests in horticulture myself Smiley Happy Plus we can always help find some other materials on the internet which will help our understanding so we can help you Smiley Happy

Yep and we can help you figure out a system that works for you to get through this information Smiley Happy

One thing to do is to write down a word you don't know the meaning of, then look it up and write down what the word means. You keep soaking up meanings like that and it'll start to get easier to process the tricky bits Smiley Happy

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors