Builder

Re: Being stressed in class

But I'm still stupid af
The thing is I can do the jobs when I'm working but the theory stuff?? No way
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Mod Squad

@j95 honestly we all learn differently. You sound like a Kinesthetic learner Smiley Happy Which is awesome. Do you know much about that?

Builder

got my textbook out to see if maybe not that I'm not at school I could concentrate and nope, still dumb
and I'm frustrated ta myself why isn't this easy like othr people
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

@Bree-RO is kinesthic hands on?
Mod Squad

@j95 yas! Here's some info.

Kinesthetic learners have many strengths that can help them achieve success in the classroom if the teacher can focus their attention appropriately. Here are just a few of those strengths. 

• Great hand-eye coordination
  • Quick reactions
  • Excellent motor memory (can duplicate something after doing it once)
  • Excellent experimenters
  • Good at sports
  • Performs well in art and drama
  • High levels of energy

In a nutshell, a kinesthetic learner needs to be actively doing something while learning in order to truly "get" the materials. Often, those with this learning style are going to have a hard time learning during sedentary things like lectures because the body does not make the connection that they are doing something when they're listening. Much of the time, they need to get up and move to put something into memory.

There's a test you can do [here] to see what kind of learning style you prefer.

Builder

ohhh we did this once in class maybe, or something else and I think I might of kinaesthetic, it sounds like me too @Bree-RO
Mod Squad

@j95 from my knowledge, kinesthetic learner's can have a hard time with theory based lectures (I am one myself!) but there's strategies out there I think for your learning style Smiley Happy

Builder

like what sort of strategies? @Bree-RO
Mod

I found an article @j95 that has some strategies for learning styles

Here's for kinesthetic

KINESTHETIC LEARNER
Create Flow Charts – Since kinesthetic learners study best by doing, building a structure for your notes will help your mind comprehend the information and recognize patterns easily. Create flowcharts and graphs in a visual way when you re-write your notes and outline cases. For example, use different color Post-it notes to create flowcharts on whiteboards and empty walls.

The act of creating the flowchart will help you retain the information.

Combine an Activity with Studying – Kinesthetic learners retain information best when they are doing activities. Try going for a walk or using the elliptical machine while listening to audio recordings of lectures and notes.

Keep Your Fingers Busy While Studying – One way to enhance your learning is to engage your fingers in the studying. For example, trace words and re-write sentences to learn key facts. Typing your notes and using the computer is another great way to reinforce learning through sense of touch.

Perfecting these techniques now will not only help you understand the law school material, but also get you ready come exam time. Whether you’re a visual, auditory of kinesthetic learner, try a few of the study tips to see which works best for you.

(https://www.thoughtco.com/best-study-techniques-for-learning-style-2155033)
Mod

@j95 it's awesome that you can recognise you are good at actually doing the job/work Smiley Happy

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors