Mod Squad

Re: ED prevention?

@scared01 nice! Well done on your achievements this week Smiley Happy

Super star contributor

I thought I was getting over this stuff but I'm not Smiley Sad I don't want to have to deal with any of this anymore. I can't stop eating and I've been purging again and I just want to be healthy and be able to focus on my study but I can't seem to be Smiley Sad I just want to be thin but I don't want to want to be thin. 

Mod

You have such self-awareness @DruidChild, and that's a great thing. Is there someone you can call right now, to help you through these feelings?

Could you do something like chewing some gum to stop you eating for the moment?

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Super star contributor

Thanks @letitgo. I could call a helpline but every single time I do they just try to convince me that my depression is a result of stress from first year uni which is so not true. I don't have anyone I know who I could talk to. 

I'm okay with eating for the moment - I'm pretty hungry so if I do eat something it's probably okay. Partly I'm just worried about Easter lunch Smiley Sad

Mod

@DruidChild I'm sorry to hear the helplines keep writing your feelings off, I can't imagine having your thoughts about these feelings validated would be very helpful for you in this time. Do you have coping strategies that might be suited for these thoughts? We could help you work through them if it helps.

How do you think you could approach Easter lunch? I'm not too sure what advice I could give on navigating them, since I've never really had to sit through one before, but it could help to think about the potential issues that could crop up during.

Super star contributor

@safari93 I'm doing some creative writing to try and process some of this stuff right now, I guess that's the main coping strategy I'm using. 

If you're still around it'd be awesome to talk about tomorrow, but if you're not then no worries. Smiley Happy 

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors