Builder

Re: Eheadspace is a peice of shit

I don't know I hate complaining about ReachOut because everybody does a good job and I understand it's not all about me but sometimes I feel like I post about things like people want me to them they just get forgotten about it, like yeah it may not matter to you anymore but it still matters to me and it's still a problem for me. Like this thread for example, don't get me wrong I know people are busy but I keep contributing to it because I want to keep improving and get better but I don't know what to do next and I feel like this sort of situation happens sometimes http://forums.au.reachout.com/t5/Everyday-life-stuff/Learning-to-swim-when-the-surf-s-up/td-p/236256... @Bree-RO
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

But I should also just grow up realise that not everything is about me and get over myself @Bree-RO
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Mod Squad

Yep I hear ya @j95 ..I really cannot speak for the entire forum. I do definitely know people on the forum think very highly of you though, even if you cannot see that yourself.

I think a really important thing with RO/Life in General/Mentorship/Peer Support is that we sort of help each other by asking the questions and discussing the issue, and to use the thread you just linked me to as an example - it is not that myself or @Ben-RO has the answers for you but that you in fact have the resources to find the right solution for you. You have put yourself through school, gotten a job, have a partner and two beautiful dogs and you have done that all on your own - that's how incredibly resourceful you are #impressiveee.

You are the expert of your life and as your peers we want to support you into finding the right answers/resources but the actual solution lies with you. You are very powerful, though it's not always easy to see that quality within ourselves.

Does this make sense? 

Builder

Yeah sorta, I'm just not sure what that means for me, what do I do. I'm sorry I'm so dumb I just don't quite understand @Bree-RO
Mod Squad

You're not dumb at all.

@j95 what do you think you should do in this instance?

Builder

i dont know, i have no idea

i thought that thread was for working through stuff but if im expected to just know it then whats the point? @Bree-RO  i dont get it  :s

Mod Squad

@j95 do you feel it's not helping you work through stuff so far?

Builder

Well no not really when nobody is responding and I'm just talking to myself and I don't know what to do. I thought it was made so people could jump on and help me sort out some stuff but nobody is and I'm just lost @Bree-RO
Builder

Like what was the point in making it if I'm just supposed to do it all myself anyway I don't quite understand what's happening here @Bree-RO like if I have to learn everything myself then why am I even on here haha Smiley Frustrated
Mod Squad

Hey @j95 it's a shame to hear you feel this way. Myself and @SmileMonkey have mentioned chatting to legal aid a couple of times? @Ben-RO also had some thoughts did any of his ideas jump out at all?

"Here's another option https://www.legalaid.vic.gov.au/ I am fairly sure they can advocate for you if you have an issue with eheadspace and human rights commission. There's also an e-mail you could hit up for free  info@youthlaw.asn.au"

In terms of resource, that's what I would be doing if I were in your shoes currently. However, if this isn't working for you, and RO also isn't providing the kind of support you are after what would you ideally like in terms of support?

i.e. counsellor, legal advice, an older persons perspective, a friends perspective, your partner's thoughts? What's the ideal support look like to you? Because your wellbeing is important and if you need to go further than RO I def think go for it Smiley Happy

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors