Builder

Re: Feeling like i do everything wrong

That sounds kinda interesting though @Ben-RO
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Community Manager

Teeny tiny bits of you break off and become a wave every time you surf, and a little bit of wave (or the water and minerals in it) become you too.

Builder

That's kinda cool @Ben-RO the bits that break off are only the not good bits I hope
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Mod

@Ben-RO So you're saying that if we replace our unhelpful habits/strategies with more helpful ones, we can improve our brain functioning?

Community Manager

Hmm, yep, but we can also get more comfortable with who we are already too. Or learn to relax a bit when things are tough, or make things worse too. It's not just a question of being better or worse, there's lots of directions you can go in. I guess the main thing is you can choose those directions, or you can let them happen to you.

Community Manager

But yeah i would definitely say you can improve brain functioning. I'd argue that reducing your cognitive load from distressing thought processes will improve your performance by making processing room for other stuff.... In other words if you're not spending a lot of time worrying, you can spend more time doing cool stuff.

Builder

How can I do that
Mod

I definitely could use some worry-thought to cool-stuff-thought conversion! What do you think @j95? :-)

Mod

I'm taking a leap here, but I'm guessing it will have something (or a lot) to do with mindfulness? What say you, @j95?

Community Manager

All of your goals are going to be a pretty damn big help @j95! It can also help to try and let the negative thoughts go when they happen, or to gently challenge them if you're feeling up to it.

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors