Super star contributor

Re: Gender confusion/dysphoria - how do other people deal?

@loves netball I drink regular coffee with like five teaspoons of sugar so I feel you Smiley Tongue

I'm so sorry that happened to you at school. You should have been safe there and what they did/said to you wasn't okay. I'm proud of you for telling and asking for help though Heart 

Mod Squad

@loves netball Oh wow.. that's really heavy. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

I think it's really important that you have that discussion with somebody qualified to assist, even the SCBS counsellors if you are chatting with them again they'll be able to give you further support around that. Probably the best would be 1800Respect Smiley Happy There's other people on RO as well that have dealt with similar pain.. Smiley Sad so you are not alone - did you check out the link in my last post?

Super star contributor

No offence @Bree-RO but I kinda have all the services details haha. Every time I bring this up with my counsellor/previous psych/eheadspace/lifeline I get referred on to the same places and I'm too anxious to engage with any of them right now. I just want to feel better Smiley Sad And I kind of know what would help but it's just not possible right now. 

Super star contributor

It's okay, I probably deserved it. It happened in front of people, it was supposed to be funny.

yeah I looked at the link @Bree-RO. It's too minor to talk to anyone about

Mod Squad

Oh true @DruidChild that's good at least you know what will help.. So is it just a matter of time kind of thing? As I have mentioned in the past you're an incredibly strong individual and  I really do believe you will make huge positive waves of change in your life.

Super star contributor

You didn't deserve it @loves netball, I promise. It's not okay for people to touch you sexually in ways that you didn't consent to, ever. What you described sounds Iike it had an impact on you and wasn't funny at all. I'm feeling for you a lot right now, I'm sorry that you're blaming yourself Heart Both this and the sexual harassment are okay to talk about if they're upsetting you. 

Mod Squad

@loves netball will send you an email in a moment Smiley Happy 

Super star contributor

That's kind @Bree-RO, yeah it's a matter of time/getting my anxiety under control/one day having enough money for stuff like clothes and hrt. I hope things get better. Idk if I'm going to be around long enough for them to, though...it's kind of a paradox...I can't survive until things improve but things can't improve unless I survive...

Super star contributor

[ Edited ]

You'll keep pushing through @DruidChild, you're so, so strong dealing with this everyday. X

Oh no don't email me @Bree-RO

I'm gonna log off now, talk to you next week Smiley Happy Sorry I got upset

Super star contributor

Thanks @loves netball. Don't be sorry for getting upset - don't forget SCBS is there if you need them! Looking forward to talking to you on Monday Smiley Happy

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count