Community Manager

Re: Gender confusion/dysphoria - how do other people deal?

https://qlife.org.au/

@DruidChild and @loves netball have either of you had a chat to Qlife?

https://qlife.org.au/

Super star contributor

@Ben-RO how does that apply to me? 

So I have a background of sexual assualt/harassment - and have no interest in someone touching me probably because of it... I'm confused

Super star contributor

@loves netball If you wanted to chat about asexuality stuff QLife could be a good resource. I'm not sure whether they'd discuss sexual assault/harassment with you or if they'd refer you somewhere else. I remember saying you'd tried 1800RESPECT over the weekend, how did you get along with them? 

@Ben-RO I've spoken to them a few times but tbh I don't like the service. Nobody that I've ever spoken to has had any experience with dysphoria and I personally don't like whatever counselling model they use for their webchat, it feels really dismissive. Although that could just be me being sensitive Smiley Happy 

Super star contributor

[ Edited ]

Not that helpful @DruidChild because I was too scared to call so all I did was talk on chat. I just felt silly the whole time, like it's minor, I shouldn't care about it. And I spent the whole time during the chat convincing myself that it was my fault... So I'm stuck which isn't great.

I have work soon so I guess I'm off for the rest of the day.

edit - I probs won't be back tomorrow unless I stay safe after work

Super star contributor

Phone calls are scary, hey @loves netball! The sexual assault/harassment incidents sound like they really hurt you and have had a big impact on the way you see yourself - they happened to you and it's perfectly okay to be upset about it and want to talk about it. Feeling stuck is tricky Smiley Sad I'm not much help right now but I'll have a think and see if I can brainstorm some other places that you could get support from Smiley Happy

I hope work goes well and I hope you can stay safe tonight. We're here if you need some distraction or support after work! Heart

Super star contributor

I'm not allowed on after work though because I finish at 10 and so I'm on my own
Mod Squad

@loves netball I agree phone calls can be scary don't be too hard on yourself, it takes time - it's not minor; nothing is minor if it's important to you  Smiley Happy Try and have an okay shift at work, remember the forum will still be here tomorrow for a debrief.

If you feel like you're struggling after work remember your supports, such as SCBS Heart

Super star contributor

Sorry @loves netball I didn't realise. I know you're really good at looking after yourself and staying safe, plus you've got your awesome hope box, so please be safe tonight and get help from SCBS or lifeline or triage if you need it. I'm happy to talk more about finding you somewhere safe to talk about your experiences tomorrow if you want to Smiley Happy Heart

Super star contributor

How are things today @loves netball?

Super star contributor

More like @DruidChild, how are you? I just had a quick read of short sads and I hope you stayed safe last night.

I'm a mixture of good and bad. You and @Bree-RO are both far too nice to me Smiley Happy

Bad - because I SH last night (and a lot yesterday but it's minor and should heal); and I had a plan for today.

Good - because I put big ted on me this morning (he squished me), called SCBS, got someone really really nice, we had a chat about things and I brought this stuff up. They said the legislation has recently changed and if it was what it is now, school would have had to report it. They also said I could still report it (but be mindful that it's hard to prove stuff from 10 years ago); they also said I could report the harassment from two years ago. They encouraged me to write everything down and use it to read off to tell my case manager about.

I've also been for a run to stay safe.

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors