Casual scribe

Going through a difficult after coming out to parent

[ Edited ]

Hi i was wondering if i can get some advice?? so recently i came out as bisexual and my hristian dad says hes gonna kcik me out if this doesnt change and i have no where to go all the relatives i have around me hate me or hate me and dont know im bisexual what should i do? should i just hide what i feel?

Mod Squad

Re: right now I am....

@BeingRandom welcome to RO! I saw your post in another thread as well. Sorry you're going through a really difficult time. 

I am going to make a new thread and move this topic over there so you can get the right kind of support. 

We have had discussions on this topic before and I am sure other community members will have their own perspective to share.

Mod Squad

Re: Going through a difficult after coming out to parent

@BeingRandom I've moved this here.

Builder

Heya @BeingRandom!

That's a tricky situation, I'm sorry you have to deal with it Smiley Sad If your bi then you like can't change it, because it's a part of who you are, but if you have to hide it to be safe then maybe you might just have to hide it for a while, which sucks. Do you have any friends or family or teachers that you might be able to talk to about this?

Community Manager

Hey @BeingRandom i am so sorry to hear about how your dad has reacted, it's 100% not okay. Her's a link to Qlife who are great at helping people decide what to do next, you can find them here.

You can also get some support to find a place to live and some financial assistance, if that's what you want to do right now. Qlife again are really great at working through that stuff and can help you get in touch with the right people to support you with that.

It sucks that you are being treated this way because of your sexuality, it's not okay, it's not your fault and you do not deserve to be treated like this. There are lots of people who will love and accept you for the amazing person that you are no matter what happens with family - including all of us here Smiley Happy 

Casual scribe

I dont know what to do my dad recently started contacting my mum and i moved away from her as she was abusive and he says that im going to have to live with her and i dont want to do that because i have had some really bad times with my mum. We have counsellers and suppotive teachers at our school but i really dont want to talk to anyone about this i have a friend and she is the only other person i have told and she and her mum sya that i am welcome anytime if i am in trouble but i feel like i'd be a burden to them. I really dont know what to do in this situation im at my breaking point. The only thing i think loves me is my cat bubbles and it just makes me feel worthless that only an animal is capable of loving me.Smiley SadCat Sad

Highlighted
Mod

Hey @BeingRandom
I'm sorry that this has happened to you. It's great that you have a friend who is open and supportive of you. Have you tried talking to any helplines such as Kids HelpLine or Lifeline? They offer both over the phone, webchat and email services. The bonus of these resources is that they are anonymous. Do you think you'd be willing to give them a try?

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors