Super frequent scribe

Re: Got a coping strategy that you find good? Share it here :)

TIME OUT

This simply means removing yourself from the situation for a period of time, to give yourself a chance to cool down and think things through before you act.
For example, when you notice yourself becoming angry during an argument with your partner, say “I need to take time out, let’s talk about this calmly when I get back” and then go for a walk.

Super frequent scribe

MINDFULLNESS

there are so many different way to do mindfulness

A) listen to your favourite song and concentrate on one specific thing such as the words and what they mean, or the beat- what instruments can you hear in the song?

B)  take a look at your surroundings, what can you hear, what can you see, what can you smell, what can you taste.

C) pick up an object like a pencil. really notice how the texture feels, is it cold , warm, does it have a smell?

D) Go for a walk and take in the sights of nature, feel the breeze on you, notice how it feels

Super frequent scribe

Deep Breathing. i use the 3-3-3 method. so you breathe in for 3 seconds hold for 3 seconds and breathe our for 3 seconds. continue doing that for a few time until you feel yourself start to relax or calm down.

tis one is pretty much medtation/deep breathing put together- which is breathe in notice how it fills your belly, hold for 3 breathe out and release that tension that you feel and keep continuing on until you feel calmer

MEDITATION

there are heaps of you tube videos and phone apps that can help you throught this, i found 1 GIANT MIND particuarly helpful do you could try that

Star contributor

Desensitise.
Do something that requires no thought and no other interactions.

I usually sit with my earbuds in a quiet people -free space and sometimes its dark or sometimes I end up staring at the floor but after a minute and some practice you end up not thinking and for me it really works when I feel like I'm too anxious but not panic attack worthy.
Mod Squad

Sounds odd - but this live youtube link is my coping strategy at the moment.. Really chill and the chat box is funny to read Smiley Very Happy

https://youtu.be/OpIQNxiKJoE

Builder

hahaha i just looked at that and read the chatbox and the first thing that came up "shut your mouth" oooooo drama
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Super frequent scribe

Progressive Muscle Relaxation (PMR)

PMR is a technique of stress management developed by American physician Edmund Jacobson in the early 1920s. Jacobson argued that since muscular tension accomplanies anxiety, one can reduce the negative feelings by learning how to relax and relieve the muscular tension.
PMR is based on alternately tensing and then relaxing one's muscles. A person can practice this technique by either sitting or lying down in a comfortable spot. The key to the relaxation process is taking some deep breaths and then proceeding to tense, then relax a group of muscles in a systematic order. One can start with the head and move down to the neck, shoulders, etc or can start with the feet and legs and proceed accordingly. The goal of the process is to cause deeper relaxation to the body than by simply attempting to relax.
A Simple Exercise that will Help You Relax in 10 Steps:
1. Sit in a comfortable position, with eyes closed. Take a few deep breaths, expanding your belly as you breathe air in and contracting it as you exhale.
2. Begin at the top of your body, and go down. Start with your head, tensing your facial muscles, squeezing your eyes shut, puckering your mought and clenching your jaw. Hold, then release and breathe.
3. Tense as you lift your shoulders to your ears, hold, then release and breathe.
4. Make a fist with your right hand, tighten the muscles in your lower and upper arm, hold, then release. Breathe in and out. Repeat with left hand.
5. Concentrate on your back, squeezing shoulder blades together. Hold, then release. Breathe in and out.
6. Suck in your stomach, hold, then release. Breath in and out.
7. Clench your buttocks, hold, then release. Breathe in and out.
8. Tighten your right haamstring, hold then release. Breathe in and out. Repeat with left hamstring.
9. Flex your right calf, hold, then release. Breathe in and out. Repeat with left calf.
10. Tighten toes on your right foot, hold, then release. Breathe in and out. Repeat with left foot.

Super frequent scribe

9891922f4451b97618424964b89f61a4.jpg

Super frequent scribe

b872cd5aa675176ec30c3396471932d6.jpg

Super frequent scribe

bd91e6d537f6896814e6415e64bcf777.jpg

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors