Highlighted
Community Manager

Help figuring out a centrelink problem

Hey @j95 @redhead made a thread to keep working through this.

Do you want to write out some steps to the goal to help you make the calls and stuff? Or can we do something else to help?

Builder

Re: Help figuring out a centrelink problem

It's driving me mad because I obviously don't need this shit right now but it's also my fault for not reporting and the hold to Centrelink is 45 minutes so it's almost quicker to go in but I can't because I work business hours unless i go in today because it's raining but I think I I have to book an appointment and this is just stupid why can't I just have my money
Mod

Hey @j95, You should not need an appointment to deal with this issue in the office and hopefully it gets resolved soon. 

Builder

I fucking hate Centrelink I'm already trying to deal with enough problems right now
Builder

Now I'll probably get arrested for talking badly about a government department on the Internet omg
Mod

It can be quite frustrating at times, especially when you need help, I have always found that at times it can be easier to go into your local office, but you just need to persist and the issue should be resolved.

Builder

I'll have to go in and that's so difficult
Builder

After last night I'm not keen on dealing with people today
Mod

I hope it gets resolved quickly Smiley Happy

Mod

@j95 You're definitely not alone with feeling Centrelink frustrations - I think most people feel the same way tbh. Could you break it down so it feels a little less overwhelming? Getting in the car, driving down there, parking, walking in, then doing something to distract yourself while you're waiting. It sounds like a lot of steps but just focusing on one at a time might help

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors