Community Manager

Help getting through today

Hey @scared01

here's a thread just for you so we can talk to you about anything you might need to help you get through today (and this morning)  and to cheer you on as you practice all the great skills you have to get through tough times Smiley Happy

Community Manager

Re: Help getting through today

First question, what helps you "get back on track?"

Super frequent scribe

i dont know what i need @Ben-RO

i dont deserve anyones kindness. i feel bad for asking for help, and bothering people. i feel like a wate of space.

Community Manager

We don't feel like you're a waste of space and we love helping you out Smiley Happy

It's what we're here for and you're never bothering us, so even though you might feel like that right now, it's important to know that we don't see it that way Smiley Happy

Here's some options for things you can do today:

Distraction and coping

Practice you distraction skills or try some new ones until things feel a little easier again (it will happen!)

Problem solving:

Talk about what's happening for you and work out what might help it be a little less tough

Getting extra help:

Calling someone or going to hospital

What would you like to have a go at at the moment? If it's too tough to choose right now do you want me to pick a thing or give you a challenge?

Super frequent scribe

Community Manager

Where are you at with the things we can help with @scared01? I'm waiting for you to let me know what to do next Smiley Happy

Super frequent scribe

im really struggling i rang my suicide prevention clinician and they are going to ring back tomorrow morning to check in aswell. shes given me a few other techniques to work on and try, i can ring ATAPS which in run throught the program as much as i like to get through whenever i need it and if things get worse to get the hospital,and not to worry about anyything else jsut get there and get some more emergency help @Ben-RO

Community Manager

@scared01 that is REALLY AMAZING! I know that it feels tough right now, but you have built a very good safety net around yourself right now so that you can keep working on feeling a bit better, and know that there are lots of people there if things get too tough. That's so cool Smiley Happy

What're some of the strategies you have been given to try, could you add them to your safety planning thread?

You are so great! Smiley Happy

Super frequent scribe

its call TIPP

threre are 4 steps to it

Community Manager

Oh i know about TIP although maybe not TIPP I wonder if they are similar!

I know @redhead does TIP and finds it helps, although sometimes its tricky to do!

Can you tell us how you're doing TIPP and what it all means?

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count