Mod Squad

Re: Learning to swim when the surf's up

We'll check in with you tomorrow and let us know how you're going...if it gets worse remember you can contact emergency services - but for now take it minute by minute. G'night for now @j95

Builder

Well if I die it won't matter @TOM-RO
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

@j95 how is it going today
Community Manager

Yeah, what @redhead said! You okay @j95?

Also i moved this bit to a new thread for you, because i think it's a bit different to reflecting on different modes and working about what to do, this seems more like a chat about us helping you through something while it's actually happening.

Builder

Re: Help getting through tonight

@Ben-RO @redhead I'm ok, but not really. Got an RDO.
I wanted to go for a surf but there is 9 footers at Torquay and I'm not risking breaking my neck/getting washing machined again/possibly getting swallowed up by the ocean. The quieter beaches might be ok but I don't know if I'll bother today. got some stuff to deal with, as per usual because life can never give me a break.
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

And I'm angry because some people never have anything go wrong in their lives and I have it every fucking day, one thing after another, what did I do to deserve this
Builder

@j95 even though life might be giving you a lot to deal with dont forget to take time to self care, even if its only for a little while, do something nice/something you like. 

hows your breathing going today, i see last night was a struggle to. what strategies did you use to get it back under control that you could use again?

Builder

and i can relate to being frustrated at having to deal with so much when others seem to have it perfect. it sucks, but i guess it gives us compassion for others because we never know whats under the surface, people may be struggling and we never know
Builder

Yeah but a lot people don't have to deal with the constant stuff I have to. I'm trying to make a good life for myself and stupid stuff keeps happening to push me down.
I have been feeling pretty anxious all day but trying to channel into all into my work stuff.
Mod

how did you go with channelling anxiety into work stuff yesterday @j95

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors