Highlighted
Rookie

How to move forward while being held back by Legal Issues?

I am currently in a halfway house For alcohol which has got me 3 pending charges due to alcohol. My license is about to be gone for a year. I just feel like I'm stuck I am finally doing great and not drinking and now I have to face the courts. I am getting so overwhelmed because I wanna move forward and follow my dreams to reach my career and long term goals. I just feel like I'm not moving forward and stuck because of my actions. I just don't know how to get through this when it drives me crazy I won't be able to drive I can't go to school I'm just stuck and getting depressed
Mod Squad

Re: How to move forward while being held back by Legal Issues?

@Thawk welcome to Reach Out and thanks for sharing your situation with us. It sounds like you're going through so much anxiety and worry about the future. We all go through this life making mistakes and learning from them. It sounds like you have been doing quite well so I would encourage you to stay focused on how far you've come.

It sucks that you won't be able to drive for a bit but it's not a permanent thing and really it shouldn't completely prevent you from working. There are other alternatives like public transportation, carpooling or even cycling. Have you considered looking into one of those options? Time will go by pretty fast and before you know it, you'll have permission to drive again. 

Facing courts is extremely anxiety-inducing and our minds have a way of making things seem the worst possible they could ever be. Fortunately, reality is never as bad as our worst imagination. Do you have any support in the legal matters? You could also try talking to a counselor about your worries about the upcoming court appointments. They can come up with strategies to help you distract or find a place of calm when you're feeling very anxious about this. Have you tried deep breathing or any other kind of grounding technique?

You can try Kids Help Line at 1800 55 1800 and talk to a counselor right away.

Keep us updated on how you're doing. RO is here to support and listen. Take care.

Mod

Re: How to move forward while being held back by Legal Issues?

Hey @Thawk, just wondering how you're going? Reckon any of @Mona-RO's suggestions would be helpful?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count