Builder

Re: I hate Eheadspace

Wow really? I didn't really think of it like that @Ben-RO
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

[ Edited ]

oops double posted 

//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Community Manager

Well it depends on your definition of recovery, but it definitely sounds like you're heading in the right direction

I like this random page i just found and how it talks about recovery. But there are other ways of looking at it and thinking about it too.

Builder

@Ben-RO well I guess I am always so damn hard on myself so never have really let myself believe I was heading in a good direction. Thanks for sharing that page with me too, it's really cool. What other ways of looking at it do you there are? Just wondering
Community Manager

Hmm well there's lots of definitions of recovery that are used in different settings. Like medical recovery would be an absence of illness, but that kind of misses an important point because just not having an illness doesn't have anything to do with having a good life. I don't know if that makes sense, but maybe an example would help, if you get over having clinical depression but you don't have any friends or a job you like... that kinda still sucks but you'd be "cured".

Also sometimes people get a bit caught up in how stressful the symptoms are (which is understandable!) but forget about the good stuff they're able to do and the steps they're taking.

So i like the definitions of recovery that talk about the journey you take and think about the bigger picture for example... but holy crap there's a lot of writing and thoughts about this whole thing! 

Builder

That makes sense, different contexts and stuff. Wow ok so it's big topic @Ben-RO maybe we could have discussion on here about like
"What does recovery mean to you" or something. I'm going to have a read of that link soon but it looks good - you've provided me lots of reading material this afternoon haha
Community Manager

That'd be a really cool topic @j95 maybe i can get some kind of recovery and wellbeing expert in to talk about it Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Builder

I like that @Ben-RO

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count