Builder

Managing triggers on social media

I was just scrolling through Facebook and this person I don't really talk to shared a photo of some seriously graphic self harm and made a joke about it. I can't believe what I just saw. I feel so sick and it's just like holy shit. And the image in my head won't go away and I haven't done that for so long but it feels like something I might do. 

//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Mod Squad

Re: Managing triggers on social media

@j95 that sounds really triggering for you. did think about reporting the photos?

are you feeling safe right now?

Builder

Well I just exited it as soon as I could @TOM-RO and I can't get it out of my head and no
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Mod Squad

@j95, I'm really worried about you, that image sounds really overwhelming for you.. have you harmed yourself in any way, or are you thinking of harming yourself?

Builder

Yeah @TOM-RO sorry
Mod Squad

@j95 don't be sorry! Will chat to you on email.

Builder

I'm a stupid useless idiot I deserve to hurt myself
Mod Squad

@j95, your being so hard on yourself tonight.

it sounds like you're really struggling at the moment and I'm really concerned about you. Can you tell me if you're able to keep yourself safe even though your having these thoughts? 

Builder

I don't fucking know @TOM-RO
Builder

You aren't concerned everybody always say that and it isn't true @TOM-RO

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count