Community Manager

Re: Managing triggers on social media

If you've ever talked to a weight lifter about doing a dead lift near their max, they don't feel strong either, they feel like "holy shit this thing is really heavy". It doesn't mean they aren't strong though.

I reckon the stuff you have survived, the huge lessons you have learned, the generous and kind things you have done for others and the skills you have built make you very strong (and a good person, too). When bad stuff happens, you're kinda working out your brain, and testing all those skills, but i hope you don't mistake that feeling of strain for weakness.

Builder

Yeah I guess that's kinda true
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

I guess I don't feel strong because I feel like I should be doing a hell of a lot better than I am @Ben-RO
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

It seems like I can't escape it at the moment 

Mod

@j95 'shoulds' can get us into a real trap, although it might feel like there are specific reactions you 'should' be having to dealing with a lot right now, really everyone will handling things in their own unique way and that's totally okay. 

Feeling like it's inescapable is a lot to contend with. There's some stuff you feel you can't change at the moment and that's absolutely not a failing on your part. What can we do to help you feel like coping is a bit more bearable right now?

Builder

when I meant I can't escape I just meant oike the thing I saw yesterday and then another thing today it's just annoying @Chessca_H
Builder

And I also have one of those really bad headaches that I describe as like putting my head in a microwave and it won't get away
Mod Squad

Hey @j95 how is the headache at the moment? I am just going over the back end of this thread now Smiley Happy 

Builder

It's 100x worse than it was earlier @Bree-RO
Builder

Like I actually cannot cope with this much longer

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors