Super frequent scribe

Not coping with disclosure

Ok so last night i rang a hotline and disclosed something that ive been holding onto for 2 years now. Im extremely embarrassed and scared and so ashamed i just cant think.
Im also struggling with aelf harming thoughts

What do you think i should do?
Mod

Re: Not coping with disclosure

Hey @scared01, thanks for coming on reaching out! It's really scary calling a hotline let alone disclosing something you have been holding on to. It's wonderful that you were able to disclose it in a safe space though and I'm really glad you came on here to have a chat to us about it.  I want to help you out with what you're going through but I think I need a bit more information.

Firstly, there's no reason to be ashamed here on reachout, we all go through some really rough things but we want to support you. I was just wondering if you've told anyone about the self-harming thoughts you're having? Did the hotline help you feel better? Have you used any strategies in the past to help you with how you're feeling?

Super frequent scribe

U want me to tell u what i disclosed last night? @Stealth_ninja

My psych and gp know but havent discussed it with anyone today. No not really i havent found anything as yet
Mod

[ Edited ]

You dont need to tell me @scared01 but you can if you want! Smiley Happy If it will help you, just be conscious of the community guidelines - I'm not sure what you disclosed but we just want to make sure we discuss it in the safest way possible!

When is your next psych appointment? Is it something you have talked to them about? What did they say?

Super frequent scribe

My next appointment is next week. I havent really talked to them about it but im sure they got the hint of what it was. Thwy said its fine we dont have to talk about it yet.
I might tell u but i dont think i can on here
Mod

@scared01 do you have any self-care strategies that might help you to avoid SH before the appointment next week?
Super frequent scribe

hi @May_

ive been managing ok so far. the urge is still there but its not to strong anymore. ive just been going to three appointments today and been studying so ive been around people and ive been busy so thats helped abit. i still feel mentally drained thought.

im not sure i can actually put the event up on here @May_ are you able to private email me and ill tell u what it is and then you can let me know what you think ?

Mod

Hey @scared01,
It is good that keeping busy and being around people has helped you today. Do you have any stategies in place for when you will be alone?
I can get one of the RO staff to give you an email if you would like, also.

yeah @SmileMonkey if someone wants to email me so i can put it here that would be easier then you can get an idea of what im talking about..

um not really i sometimes try to read or study but sometimes it doesnt realy work and it didnt work for me last night either .

Super frequent scribe

@SmileMonkey@May_@Stealth_ninja 

are you going to judge me if im allowed to put it up?

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count