Mod Squad

Re: Not coping with disclosure

[ Edited ]

It sounds like things are really tough for you at the moment @scared01 Smiley Sad

Do you feel like talking a bit more about what's going on for you? It's ok if not. But if so, when you say mental pain, maybe you could describe that a bit more for us? Like the kind of thoughts and emotions you are dealing with?

- Hayley R/O

Casual scribe

hi @TOM-RO

it just that i feel very hopless and worthless in every single situation thats been thrown at me Smiley Sad and im still expected to do more. i dont know how much more i can handle.

i just cant do it anymore!

im failing my carer job, my friendships have gone down the drain, my family realtionships are not supportive one bit an di blame myslef for it. im in constant physical pain all the time and it making life more unbearable! Smiley Sad

Mod Squad

Thanks for sharing @scared01, it sounds like you are feeling very overwhelmed, and that's understandable! I know from reading some of your posts on other threads that you have a lot on your plate at the moment.

The feelings of hopelessness and worthlessness - they are really hard - and they are probably coming from the way everything is piling on top of you at the moment. It doesn't sound like you are failing or worthless to me, it sounds like you are struggling to cope, but that's definitely not the same thing, even though it can feel like it. I think anyone who takes on a carer role is amazing! It would be such a difficult job.

Do you get much time for yourself? It's really important, even if it's only an hour a day! What supports do you have if your family aren't supportive (which is not your fault by the way)?

- Hayley R/O

Casual scribe

hi @TOM-RO

yeah its pretty hectic!!

yeah im finding it really hard to deal with these feeling atm..

no i hardley get time to myself. the hour that i get thats quiet  i try to study and that usually what i do of a night as well so i dont fall behind.

the suports that i have are my gp, my pscyh and my pscyhiatrist and thats it

yeah i cant feel the differnce between not coping and feeling worthless. it  all just feels the same to me Smiley Sad

Mod Squad

I'm glad to hear you have some supports @scared01, it sounds like you are really needing them right now.

Using free time to study is a good thing but also, it's important to give yourself a break for just you and the stuff you enjoy too. It's just as important as study, or work or anything else that we have to do day to day. Otherwise, our brains tend to get overloaded! What things do you like to do if you do get a spare hour (or even a spare few minutes) here and there? I like going for walks or watching my favourite tv shows.

Even if you can't feel the difference between not coping and failure/worthlessness right now I think it's something to have a think about. You're still trying, you haven't given up and that's worth a lot!

- Hayley R/O

Casual scribe

watching movies, going for walks or even just laying on my bed or lounge lsitening to music is good @TOM-RO

Mod Squad

I agree @scared01 Smiley Happy Have you done any of those things tonight?

- Hayley R/O

Casual scribe

ive just been listening to music and just scrolling through the forums and reading a book so i guess im ok for tonight at least until i read a trigger post Smiley Sad

Mod Squad

Good to hear you have managed to get some time to yourself tonight @scared01 Smiley Happy

Maybe if you're worried about a trigger post on RO tonight, it might be a good idea to take a break from the forums too (gosh we need breaks from everything don't we Smiley Tongue)

I'm signing off now but keep up the self-care stuff and give yourself a pat on the back for doing it! I know it's not always easy.

- Hayley R/O

Mod Squad

@scared01 how're you feeling this morning?

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors